Barns Of Blessing
by PamFord Davis

Do you have a fascination with old barns? Our home has prints, paintings and what-not barns through out the house. My husband and I are drawn to barns and I wonder why. The rural area of New York where I was raised has many farms. In our small community we had two dairy farms. The silhouettes of barns and silos decorate the landscape on country roads. They are picture perfect, waiting to be captured by photographers and placed on post cards!
It is ironic that many Americans feel the same way. In society people strive to achieve success and own a mansion on a hill top. Barns are normally not much more than glorified large shacks. They are used for storage for hay, horses, or farm equipment. Many that we pass by are abandoned and empty.
How can we have barns of blessing? "Honor the Lord with your possessions and with the first fruits of your entire harvest; then your barns will be completely filled and your vats will overflow with new wine (Proverbs 3:9-10 Holman Christian Standard)." The Holy Spirit is described in many ways, including a filling and new wine. Yes, we can receive barns of blessing!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print