Felt Board Faith
by PamFord Davis

Do you remember the popularity of felt boards in the past? Sunday school teachers used them as a very effective teaching tool to visually explain a story. The combination of telling and showing stories entertained while it taught. Sometimes the old fashioned methods should be given the credit deserved.


Are we too old for felt board faith? I don't think so. If a picture is worth a thousand words a lot of knowledge can be crammed on a felt board. Visualize a sky blue background, representing God's creation. In the center a totally red figure is placed, representing man in his sin, separated from God. Directly over the character place a totally white figure. This is Christ Jesus in all of His glory!

Do you remember where sinful man is? (He represents you and me when outside of a personal relationship with Christ.) He is hidden in Christ! "For you have died (to self) and your life is hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3 NAS)." When the Father looks at us, He sees His Son in all His glory! We need felt board faith!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print