Facing Discouragement
by PamFord Davis

Do you have trouble understanding disappointments? Is life unfair? As a child of God do you at times feel like he has let you down? Things just are not turning out the way you planned. Your dreams are shattered.

The Bible has many life examples, revealing real people, with hopes, dreams, and discouragement, just like you. I'll share a few examples, to get you to check it out yourself...Abram had God's promise to bless and be blessed, with a son "of promise" and a great nation of descendants. (Genesis 12: 1-4) God was taking longer than expected to keep His end of the bargain and Abram and his wife Sarai decided God must have needed some help. She conceived a plan of using her maid as a way to bear a child. Abram went along with her suggestion. (Genesis 16:2) H has a son, "Ishmael," not the son God had promised... God had not forgotten the couple or His Promise. He had new names and a new direction for them, Abraham and Sarah became parents to Isaac. At 100 years of age Abraham cradled in his arms the long awaited son and heir! (Genesis 21:1-7)

Joseph, with his "coat of many colors" took pride in knowing he had a bright future. God revealed to him as a young man that he would be a great leader, with his even family in submission to him. His bubble burst when his brothers captured him, threw him in a pit and then sold him as a common slave! He was taken to Egypt, bought and paid for like a piece of property. In the home of his master he was trusted because of his great character and wisdom. That back fired when he was falsely charged with seducing the masters' wife! Earlier he was thrown in a pit, now he was cast into a prison! Do you think he felt God was being fair? God's hand was still upon him. He gets freed from prison and becomes 2nd in authority under the Pharaoh, with leadership to rescue the nation, in time of a great drought and famine. His brothers come seeking food, and fall down at his feet, not recognizing their own brother! Later he forgives them and a great restoration in the family occurs. (Genesis 50:18-21)

What about Jesus Disciples? They expected Him to be the conquering Messiah, to free their nation from Roman rule? They were blind to the truth that He was The Suffering Messiah who would die to free them from the bondage to sin! When He was arrested and crucified all their hopes and dreams died with Him. They scattered and went to their homes to lick their wounds. Wait that is not how the story ends! He arose! He triumphed over death! (Matthew 28: 5-6) One day He will return as the conquering Messiah!

Personally God gave me a desire to become a writer over 30 years ago; with little confidence I did not pursue it. About ten years ago I sent a story to a publication and it was rejected, a deathblow to my dream. Today a writer's ministry is opening before me.

If the dream, vision placed in your heart's from God, it will be fulfilled! Trust Him; He may need to prepare you first!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print