Accentuate The Positive
by PamFord Davis

If you are easily depressed, disappointed or discouraged, I have advice for you. It may be wise to avoid radio, television, newspapers, magazines and the internet for the present! News is anything but encouraging in our stalled economy.

Maybe this is the time to have gentle reminders of the positives in life, when bombarded with negatives. Make a mental list of your blessings and dwell on the good life we take for granted. In the chorus of an old song, "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative" we pull a solution using good mathematics. If hopelessness is pulling at your mind, add positive thoughts and subtract the negatives!

We can not always control our circumstances; but we have the choice as to how we will react. If we have a game plan in advance, we are more likely to face adversity with hope.
I am not pushing a "positive mind over matter" approach; but our way of thinking does make a difference. "For as he thinks within himself, so he is (Proverbs 23:7a NAS)." The message from Paul brings beauty to the forefront: "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things ( Philippians 4:8 NAS)." Our homes are often described as dwellings. I want to hang a "Welcome Home" sign on my doorway to peace.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print