Wood Still Warm
by PamFord Davis

Yesterday in church, at the conclusion of the message, we stood for our invitational hymn. As my hands reached to hold the back of the wooden pew ahead of me, I noticed something. The wood felt warm, holding the body heart of the person who sat in front of me. I did not realize wood held heat. Does that make any difference? Yes, I think it might be a life changing piece of information.

Jesus gave these commands "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whosoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whosoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24 Holman Christian Standard)." We are blessed to share Jesus life and His victory over death! We shrink away from sharing in His suffering and death. He says we must take up our cross daily! Only then can we follow Him.

Yesterday I thought of Christ and His wooden cross, how He was removed from the cross following His execution. The cross was warm from the body of our Lord! As we take up our cross remember it was once His. If we are sensitive we can feel His warmth, His love as we press against the wooden instrument of death. We are crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20). He was the Son of Man, lived, breathed and died as man. He chose to lay down His life for us. I have a new appreciation today for that "Old Rugged Cross."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print