Hands Of The Potter
by PamFord Davis

Inspirational messages, songs, stories, and books based Jeremiah's potter and the clay offer limitless teaching. It extends hope to broken lives. Our loving Father does not throw the pieces away! He re-shapes us into vessels of grace. These transformations are His greatest demonstration of power and patience.

My mind easily soaks in the beauty of the master potters' finished works of art. A church testimonial service gives members the opportunity to hear of God's power and grace to change lives, break bondage to addictions, heal marriages, touch broken diseased bodies, and create love and peace within our hearts! Vessels shaped by the Master are each unique. The creator of snow flakes also delights in variety in His prized collection of pottery, jars of clay!

I noticed on the front of a recent church bulletin a picture of hands working at a potters' wheel. In a Jr.High art class I had the opportunity to give that art form a try. Seeing the bulletin picture reminded me of an aspect of that artwork. The creation of a vessel on the potters' wheel is messy business! Water needs to be continually applied to keep the clay pliable for shaping. Do you remember making mud pies? Yes, clay is glorified mud! Our heavenly Father patiently pours living water upon our lives, to keep us pliable, teachable, and humble in His hands. He loves us enough to get His hands dirty!

"Then I went down to the potters' house, and there he was, making something on the wheel, But the vessel that he was making of clay, was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make (Jeremiah 18:3-4 NAS)." "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time (1 Peter 5:6 NAS)."
Mud pie, pliable clay in God's hands becomes His temple! "Do you not know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you (1 Corinthians 3:16 NAS)?"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print