The Writing on The Wall
by PamFord Davis

Check your e-mail address book under the letter BDo you see an entry for Belshazzar? No, I would not guess he would be in your circle of friends and family. You may have no idea who he is; but I am guessing you have heard of a phrase that originated from this mans' story.

Long ago and far away in the land of Babylon a King hosted a great banquet. The guest list included 1,000 names. By personal invitation a gathering from "Who's who" attended the grand affair.

With a slap in God's face the King drank wine from gold and silver vessels stolen from the Holy Temple in Jerusalem. He arrogantly passed around the cups to his wives and ladies of the harem. They drank and praised their idol gods.

Ladies and gentlemen, God crashed the party! "Suddenly the fingers of a man's hand emerged and began writing opposite the lampstand on the plaster of the wall of the King's palace, and the King saw the back of the hand that did the writing. Then the King's face grew pale and his thoughts alarmed him; and his hip joints went slack, and his knees began knocking together( Daniel 5:5-6 NAS)"

Do you get the picture? "He saw the handwriting on the wall!" He saw and he was terrified! Could it be the fingers of One who wrote the Ten Commandments now wrote judgment on a wicked King and nation? The message read as follows :( Daniel 5:25-28 NAS)
God has numbered your days. (Time is running out!)
You have been weighed out. (Like the gold you defiled!)
Your weight showed you come up short! (Marked Insufficient funds!)
Your Kingdom has been divided among enemies.

God's man of the hour, Daniel did not give a politically correct analysis of the situation! Was he being too hard on the man or maybe just premature in his interpretation? "That same night Belshazzar the Chaldean King was slain (Daniel 5:30)."

Imagine: The scene is a banquet hall in Washington D.C., London, Rome or Paris

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print