Quick Change
by PamFord Davis

Have you been intrigued at a play or program, by the amazing speed costumes are changed? An entertainer leaves the stage and returns before you can say, "Let's go for popcorn!" Before we could even slip off our shoes they have slipped out of an entire outfit and completely dressed for the next scene! I wonder if they ever end up with shoes that don't match! I'm not sure how a quick change would be an asset in life; but it does get our attention.

Moms, do you wish you had that ability on Sunday mornings when dressing your crew for church? It seems no matter how well organized we are things come unraveled before heading out the door!

I know one situation where a quick change would really come in handy. You are having a medical physical and they have you perched on the edge of an examination table, wearing one of those open back gowns. The faster I can get out of one of those and back into my regular outfit, the better!

Life is not a 3 act play and changes often come slowly. If you have ever made New Years resolutions and tried to see them fulfilled you know where I am coming from. It only takes a split second to make them, but making them a reality drags on forever!

Let me share a real quick change experience "Behold, I tell you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality (1 Corinthians 15:51-53 NAS)."

Wow, did you notice in that portion of scripture the amount of time it will take for believers in Christ to receive glorified bodies? Paul said it would take only a moment, in the amount of time to see the twinkling in some ones eye! How fast is that? That is at light speed! I want to see the new improved top of the line models; the one I occupy now is showing signs of wear and tear!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print