Circle Your Wagons
by PamFord Davis

"Wagon Train" and "Death Valley Days" were two very popular TV series when I was
growing up. They inspired their viewers with tales of American Pioneers, pushing
westward to a new way of life. These heroes were driven from within to face and
overcome obstacles, beyond their natural strengths.

Time and time again they would show a group of travelers with their Covered Wagons
facing an attack by Indians. The Wagon Master would shout out the command:
" Circle Your Wagons!" Quickly they followed the instructions of the leader they trusted.
They gathered in a circle;knowing they were safer,more powerful as they grouped
close together.

Christians, we are under attack! Just as The Pioneers faced savage Indians,we must be
on guard against the attacks of Satan and his Demons...Circle Your Wagons!
I think there are a lot of things that compare: the Indians would catch the Pioneers off guard, when they felt safe and secure. Suddenly the sounds of the Indians war cry would fill the air! The Indians were very vocal. With their chants and cries they were announcing their attack, in a very dramatic way. Satan, the Accuser, can be very loud as well. He shouts his accusations, and condemnations in your ears, your mind. Does this sound familiar? "You are worthless. You are no good. God could never love YOU.
God could never forgive you!" Just as the sounds of The Indians made The Pioneers
fearful , we often are paralyzed by fear at Satan's' shouts.

The Indians were known by their vicious attacks, often using flaming arrows. Not only
were they shot at the westward travelers, but also at the Covered Wagons. Today Satan
shoots his flaming arrows at US (Ephesians 6:16), and at our covering. We should be covered by prayer! It is our protection on our journey to our Promised Land. How does he attack prayer? Any way he can! He tries to keep us from prayer; he distracts us during prayer; he tries to get us to use only general terms; he keeps us too busy and too tired.The Pioneers did not surrender! They Circled Their Wagons! They kept their guns loaded. They all joined in, each having their part. Even the children could pass around the ammunition to the adults. Yes, we must Circle Our Wagons! We need to pull together as a team.

The best part in many of the TV shows was the sound of a bugler leading the charge, as The Cavalry rides in to rescue The Pioneers! The Indians flee as they are pushed back by The Cavalry, with swords drawn! Calvary is our Victory! Can't you hear the trumpet sounding? We are rescued, delivered, saved! The Lord Jesus and His Heavenly Host are pushing back Satan and his evil, wicked spirits. We can continue on our Journey of Faith .Circle Your Wagons!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print