The Make It Happen Moment ® Deep Into Destiny
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "The deeper we go into the destiny that God has planned for us, the deeper the character that will be required!" - Robert Morris

Can you even imagine that a young Billy Graham was once denounced by a critic as "the greatest disappointment in the history of Christianity?" What about the early reports of Walt Disney's first fully animated cartoon feature film, Snow White, being reported in the major newspapers as Disney's Folly? Given the huge impacts that Billy Graham and Walt Disney have made in our generation, each in their respective realms of influence, it is a wonder how the critics could have been so wrong.

Whenever we read or hear stories like this, we should be encouraged deep within because it demonstrates the fact that each of our destinies are in the hands of Almighty God and not the critics. 1 Chronicles 29:11 states that "Everything in the heavens and earth is yours, O Lord, and this is Your kingdom. We adore You as being in control of everything." Knowing that the Lord is in control of everything can provide inner strength during trying times of pointed criticism designed to test the authenticity of your faith. It would be nice if life were without criticism; however, that would also be life in Walt Disney's Fantasy Land. As a leader, we must know that a life of significance and influence will always be challenged by the criticism of others; therefore, with the help of the Holy Spirit, we must develop the character necessary to properly handle criticism by forgiving our critics and appreciating their criticism as an opportunity to learn, grow, and become better.

Additionally, when the sting of criticism seeks to make us lose heart, you and I must remember the encouraging words of Nehemiah 8:10 that "the joy of the Lord is your strength" and not the favorable or unfavorable thoughts of others. Yielding to the obedience of God's will for our lives in the midst of criticism will develop Godly character in us that is grounded in the fellowship of the Lord's own suffering. Plus, expressing His unconditional love toward others through the power of His resurrection life will cause our relationships to flourish and our destinies to birth in the Lord. According to Pastor Brian Houston of Hillsong Church, "God-given destiny positions you in the right place, at the right time, with the right people." With a spirit of generosity and commitment, shed upon others the fullness of God's love that "endures all things, believes all things, and hopes all things" so that our relationships will thrive and our God-given destiny will come alive in Him!

The Make It Happen Teamwork Value: "Make It Happen" People Foster A Safe Environment Of Teamwork And Mutual Respect!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Deep Into Destiny Copyright 2006, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Deep Into Destiny, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print