Deep Thoughts
by Irvin Rozier

All across the land, there are people, young, middle aged, old, who are experiencing pain and trouble in their lives. Some may have physical pain, others may have the pain that no one sees, but is excrutiating nevertheless. The pain of failed dreams, false accusations, betrayal by loved ones, shattered hopes, and more.

How one reacts to that pain depends on the person...some yell, some curse, some scream in frustration. Others "grin and bear it"...knowing that life is full of troubles and uncertainities.

How and why are often questions people ask when going through difficulties. Life's events are often unexplained mysteries. One may desire to have a happy marriage but see that reality fall away..sometimes time after time. Others may want good health, but have physical problem after physical problem. I could go on and on.

I saw something this morning that caused me to reflect on these things. Last night was stormy and rainy. I got over two inches of rain on the land that was getting dry. I looked over my garden, and saw some mighty greatful plants, perked up and refreshed by the rain. I also saw the sun coming up to brighten the day.

Many times, the greatest blessings in life come after the storm. I, nor any one else, can explain the mysteries of life's troubled waters. However, I can point you to the One who controls the storms, and calms the seas, the one who gives and the one who takes away. Jesus is His name.

Psalm 38 verse 15 "For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O LORD my God."

Copyright 2008 Irvin L. Rozier, author of My Walk with the Lord, US Army, Chaplain of American Legion Post 181..website to song and video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lseFgH7XumU  http://www.youtube.com/user/walkin2e

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print