FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 536
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
by Kathryn Frazier
6/26/2010 / Holidays
How well do you know the Christmas story? Take this quiz and find out! Answer true or false to the following.
1. An angel told Mary that she was pregnant from the Holy Spirit.
2. Mary and Joseph were on their way to Jerusalem when Mary went into labor.
3. The angels sang, "Glory to God in the Highest" the night Jesus was born.
4. No one knows if Jesus was born in a tent, a cave, a stable or somewhere else.
5. The Bible doesn't mention any animals being present at the birth of Jesus.
6. Shepherds followed the star to find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
7. Wise men from the east followed the star to Bethlehem.
8. Wise men presented gifts to baby Jesus at the manger.
9. Three kings presented gifts.
10. The wise men returned to Herod to tell him of the birth of Jesus.
1. FALSE. Mary was told that she would become pregnant, and she agreed to the plan before Jesus was conceived. Luke 1:31-38; 2:21
2. FALSE. Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem. While they were there, Mary gave birth. Luke 2:1-7
3. FALSE. The angels didn't sing, they spoke. Luke 2:9-14
4. TRUE. The Bible says only that He was laid in a manger, because there was no room in the inn. It is unknown where the manger was located, except that it was in Bethlehem. Luke 2:4-7
5. TRUE. The Bible says that shepherds were watching over their flocks in the fields that night (Luke 2:8). But there is no mention of any animals present when Jesus was born.
6. FALSE. The shepherds were told by the angel where to find Jesus. Luke 2:11-12, 15
7. FALSE. The wise men saw the star while they were in the east, and went to Jerusalem to find the Messiah. Herod called priests and teachers of the law to ask where the Bible said Messiah was to be born. The wise men went to Bethlehem in accordance with the prophecy of Micah. Matthew 2:1-6; Micah 5:2. After they left Jerusalem for Bethlehem, the star reappeared, and guided the wise men to the place where Jesus was. Matthew 2:9
8. FALSE. By the time the wise men reached Jesus, He was a "child" (no longer a baby), living in a house. Matthew 2:11
9. FALSE. The Bible says "wise men", not kings. There were three gifts (gold, incense and myrrh), but the number of men is unknown. Matthew 2:1-11
10. FALSE. They were warned in a dream not to return, and they went back another way. Matthew 2:12
HOW DID YOU DO?
8 to 10 Correct: Congratulations! You are a Christmas expert! Now make like the shepherds and share the good news!
5 to 7 Correct: Good job! You've got the basics down. Read Luke, chapter 2 and Matthew, chapters 1 & 2, to brush up on the details.
0 to 4 Correct: You've been relying on tradition to teach you about Christmas, and tradition can be wrong. Could it be that you are looking to tradition for other truths about God? 'Tis the Season to open the Bible and find out for yourself!
Copyright 2011, Kathryn A. Frazier.
Kathryn lives with her husband and children in Tampa, Florida. It's hot there. And swampy. With gators. She's really brave. PreciousHolidays@yahoo.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Kathryn Frazier
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.