FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 504
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
Watch Out for Spiders A Fun Bible Object Lesson for Your Kids
by Kathy Vincent
11/24/2010 / Education
Unfortunately, our kids hear many lies about God. Whether they are in school or hanging out with their friends, they can be victims of false beliefs by others who claim to know God. C.H. Spurgeon describes these hypocrites as spiders who weave their webs of deception. Our kids need to be aware of these 8-legged liars and here is a fun Bible object lesson to help teach this important truth.
Here's what you do:
The object you will use for this lesson will be a pretend spider web with a spider in it. It would also be nice if you could have a pretend fly that you could mount on a skewer to show it "flying" towards the web.
Ask the following questions to help stimulate discussion:
1. What am I holding up? (Hold up the spider web and wait for a response.) You're right. It's a spider web.
2. What does the spider use his spider web for? (Wait for responses such as they catch their prey inside of it. Show the fly moving toward the web.)
3. Did you know that people who pretend to love God can be like a spider that spins his web of lies about God? (Wait for responses.)
4. What are some lies you might hear told about God? (Wait for responses such as, "God won't care if you do something bad." Or "God did not create the world.)
5. Ask a child to read Isaiah 59:5.
6. Say the following: Let's learn a little more about this portion of Scripture and how it teaches us to live our lives for God. Here are 3 important points about this truth.
Point 1: Do you remember what a spider uses his spider web for? That's right. He uses it to catch his breakfast, lunch or dinner. If a fly comes along and gets caught in the web, the spider wraps him up in his string and saves him for mealtime. Kind of yucky, huh?
Point 2: A famous preacher from long ago once said that people who pretend to love the Lord, but really don't are like spiders and their webs are made with strings of lies that try to catch real Christians and make them change their minds about Jesus. Watch out for these kinds of people. They make up things that aren't' true and change things in the Bible.
Point 3: But don't worry. Spider webs are weak and can easily be torn down. You just need to get out your "broom of truth" and knock down any lies you may hear about Jesus or the Bible. Spider webs are no place for a Christian to be tangled in. Just rest instead in the arms of the Lord and His truth.
This 3-Point Bible Object Lesson for Kids was inspired by my reading of C.H. Spurgeon's devotional on Isaiah 59:5 from his book Morning and Evening. You too can be inspired by your favorite Christian authors and come up with your own 3-Point Sermon for Kids.
If you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Newsletter packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible!
Just click here: http://myfreebiblegames.com/ to
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Kathy Vincent
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.