Now and then. What a wonderful phrase. Let me show you what I mean. Now, we experience many trials. Then, in Heaven, we will be free from all suffering. Now, we only see God as looking through a glass darkly. Then, we shall see Him face to face. Heaven is definitely something our children should look forward to. It will be worlds apart from the way we know life to be now. In fact, Revelation 21:23 says this: The city has no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it." Now that's what I call different! What an amazing verse and here is a fun Bible object lesson to help teach this important truth.
Here's what you do:
The objects you will use for this lesson will be 2 paper plates. On one of them, write the word "NOW" and on the other, write "THEN". Make the "NOW" plate very plain, but lavishly decorate the "THEN" plate.
Ask the following questions to help stimulate discussion:
1. Raise your hand if you think Heaven is going to be very different than the way live now?
2. Who can read the 2 words on my plates?
3. Who can tell me one way we live on the earth now, but will be different, then, in Heaven? (Wait for responses.)
4. Ask a child to read Revelation 21:23.
5. Say the following: Wow! That's very different! Let's learn a little more about this portion of Scripture and how it teaches us to live our lives for God. Here are 3 important points about this truth.
Heaven is a wonderful place.
Filled with glory and grace.
I want to see my Savior's face.
'Cause Heaven is a wonderful place.
I want to go there!
Have you ever heard this little song? It's one of my favorites because it reminds me of how wonderful Heaven is going to be.
Point 2: Let's play a little game. I am going to tell you the way things are here on earth and you see if you can tell me the way things will be in Heaven. Here we go. (Hold up your plates during the "Now" example and the "Then" example.)
1. Now, we wear clothes that wear out. What will it be like in Heaven? Answer: In Heaven, we will wear white robes that will never go bad.
2. Now, we need medicine to heal our sickness. What will it be like in Heaven? Answer: In Heaven, there will be no sickness.
3. Now, we sleep to get rested. What will it be like in Heaven? Answer: In Heaven, we will never sleep, but praise the Lord day and night.
4. Now, we have the sun and moon to give us light in the day and night. What will it be like in Heaven? Answer: In Heaven, Jesus will be the only light we need.
5. Now, things die when they are old and worn out. What will it be like in Heaven? Answer: In Heaven, there will be no more death, crying or pain.
Point 3: Sometimes it's hard to imagine how fantastic Heaven is going to be because we're so used to living on earth. But how glorious life will be there. Jesus will be our joy forever and ever and ever!
This 3-Point Bible Object Lesson for Kids was inspired by my reading of C.H. Spurgeon's devotional on Revelation 21:23 from his book Morning and Evening. You too can be inspired by your favorite Christian authors and come up with your own 3-Point Sermon for Kids.
If you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Newsletter packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible!
Just click here: http://myfreebiblegames.com/ to
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.