FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 551
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
Faithful Watchmen A Fun Bible Object Lesson for Your Kids
by Kathy Vincent
11/24/2010 / Education
I learned a long time ago in a history class that many ancient civilizations would surround their cities by a large and wide wall. On top of the wall would be watchmen posted around on the lookout for any approaching enemies. Christians have an enemy and his name is Satan. Our children need to be introduced to this fact and must be reminded that we don't have to fear Satan, but we do need to keep watch for his approach in our lives. Here is a fun Bible object lesson to teach your kids this important truth based on Isaiah 21:11.
Here's what you do:
The object you will use for this lesson will be a flashlight. If you know a security guard, you could also invite him/her to come dressed in their uniform. The kids would love this "living" form of an object lesson.
Ask the following questions to help stimulate discussion:
1. What am I holding? (Hold up the flashlight and wait for a response.) That's right. It's a flashlight.
2. Who are some kinds of people who carry a flashlight on their jobs? (Wait for responses.)
3. One person who carries a flashlight in their job is a security guard. They often patrol businesses at night and need to be able to look inside dark buildings without turning on any lights. They are looking to see if there are any prowlers about.
4. Light helps us see things in the dark. The Bible says that Jesus is the Light of the World. And this world can be pretty dark at times.
5. Ask a child to read Isaiah 21:11.
6. Say the following: In Bible times, security guards were called watchmen. Their job was to look out for any enemies who might be lurking outside the city. Let's learn a little more about this portion of Scripture and how it teaches us to live our lives for God. Here are 3 important points about this truth.
Point 1: Just about every country has enemies. And each country has soldiers or watchmen looking out for possible enemies who would want to harm their country.
Point 2: Each of God's children has an enemy. His name is Satan. You don't ever have to be afraid of Him, but you do need to watch out for him and pray and ask the Lord to protect you from any danger he would want to bring your way.
Point 3: It is especially important to watch out for the enemy when your life feels like the nighttime. You know, when life seems really dark and it's hard to understand what God is doing sometimes. When you're feeling this way it's time to look up! The night can be dark and scary at times, but there are always God's beautiful stars that shine like promises to remind us that He is with us. He will guide and protect us. The Bible calls Jesus the Morning Star. So, don't be afraid of the night. Be a good watchman and pray.
This 3-Point Bible Object Lesson for Kids was inspired by my reading of C.H. Spurgeon's devotional on Isaiah 21:1 from his book Morning and Evening. You too can be inspired by your favorite Christian authors and come up with your own 3-Point Sermon for Kids.
If you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Newsletter packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible!
Just click here: http://myfreebiblegames.com/ to
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Kathy Vincent
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.