I sure hope that the stories in the Bible inspire you and your children to do many great and wonderful things for God. But all too often, I am afraid that all of us, no matter our age, struggle with doubts that God can really use us. Mark 9:23 says this: "All things are possible to him that believeth." Wow! What an amazing verse and here is a fun Bible object lesson to help teach this important truth.
Here's what you do:
The object you will use for this lesson will be a chart of the following acrostic for the word "believe."
B Be a Christian by asking Jesus into your heart.
E Expect God to show you what He wants you to do for Him.
L Love Him wholeheartedly.
I Invite the Holy Spirit to guide you.
E Exterminate the bad habits in your life.
V Visit God's Word often.
E Enter into much prayer and hang out with God.
Ask the following questions to help stimulate discussion:
1. Who can read the main word on my poster? (Wait for a response of the word "believe".)
2. This is an acrostic. Each letter gives a little more explanation about what it means to believe in God. Who would like to read what the letter "B" says? (Have the children take turns reading each of the letters.)
3. Believing in God can be hard sometimes, but today's Bible verse shows us one of the greatest benefits of believing in God.
4. Ask a child to read Mark 9:23.
5. Say the following: Wow! Isn't it great to know that ALL things are possible for those who believe in God? I think that's amazing! Let's learn a little more about this portion of Scripture and how it teaches us to live our lives for God. Here are 3 important points about this truth.
Point 1: Check out these headlines of the "Heavenly Times Newspaper": Young Boy Slays Giant, Young Servant Girl Prays for Her Master to be Healed, Young Jewish Princess Saves Her People, or Young Man Fed by Ravens. Wow! There are so many great and wonderful stories in the Bible about real people who loved God and did great and mighty things for Him. But do you know how they did all of these amazing thing? They believed. They believed that all things are possible if you believe in God.
Point 2: However, you may say, "But I can't do great things for God! I'm just a young person and can't ever be as super as King David or Queen Esther." Well, I am here to say, "That's not true!" God can help you be anyone or do anything that other Christians have been or done. There is nothing too great or high that you can't reach if you'll only believe in God.
Point 3: So, get rid of all your fears and doubts and silly ideas that God can't use you right now, no matter what your age. If you believe, great things can happen. If you believe, all things are possible!
This 3-Point Bible Object Lesson for Kids was inspired by my reading of C.H. Spurgeon's devotional on Mark 9:23 from his book Morning and Evening. You too can be inspired by your favorite Christian authors and come up with your own 3-Point Sermon for Kids.
If you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Newsletter packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible!
Just click here: http://myfreebiblegames.com/ to
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.