FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 546
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
5 W Questions For the Story of "Samuel Hears the Lord" from 1 Samuel 1 and 2
by Kathy Vincent
12/09/2010 / Education
The story of Samuel hearing the Lord speak to him has got to be one of my favorite Bible stories. Not only is it amazing that God entrusted some very important news with a child, but it is also a bit ironic that Eli the priest was not the one who heard the voice of God. Isn't that just like us adults?! Three times the Lord called Samuel's name and finally on the third time, Samuel knew that it was God talking to Him.
Here are seventeen 5 "W" questions who, what, when, where, why and how - with their answers for the story of "Samuel Hears the Lord" found in 1 Samuel 2:18-21 and 1 Samuel 2:1-19. These questions can be used with both young children and elementary children. Just be ready to tweak them a little bit for the appropriate age. You can also read a verse first, and then ask the question or you can read the whole passage of Scripture and then ask the questions. Your younger children might enjoy having some kind of puppet ask the questions. Have fun!
Questions for the story "Samuel Hears the Lord"
1 Samuel 2:18-21:
1. Who did Samuel minister to?
Answer: The Lord. (1 Samuel 2:18)
2. What kind of clothing did Samuel wear?
Answer: A linen ephod. (1 Samuel 2:18)
3. What kind of clothing did Samuel's mother make him?
Answer: A robe. (1 Samuel 2:19)
4. When did Hannah bring Samuel a robe?
Answer: Every year when Hannah and her husband Elkanah came to worship the Lord. (1 Samuel 2:19)
5. Who would pray blessings over Hannah and Elkanah?
Answer: Eli the priest. (1 Samuel 2:20)
6. What did Eli pray that God would give to Hannah?
Answer: More children. (1 Samuel 2:20)
7. How many children did Hannah have?
Answer: She had 3 sons and 2 daughters. (1 Samuel 2:21)
8. What was Samuel doing when the Lord called to him?
Answer: He was lying down. (1 Samuel 3:3)
9. Who did the Lord call for?
Answer: Samuel. (1 Samuel 3:4)
10. What did Samuel say when he heard the voice call?
Answer: "Here I am." (1 Samuel 3:4)
11. Where did Samuel go after he heard the voice calling?
Answer: He went to Eli. (1 Samuel 3:4)
12. What did Eli say to Samuel?
Answer: "I did not call; lie down again." (1 Samuel 3:5)
13. How many times did the Lord call Samuel before Eli knew it was the Lord calling?
Answer: Three times. (1 Samuel 3:8)
14. After the third time of Samuel going to Eli, what did Eli say to Samuel?
Answer: "Go, lie down; and it shall be, if He calls you, that you must say, 'Speak, LORD, for Your servant hears.'" (1 Samuel 3:9)
15. What kind of news did the Lord tell Samuel?
Answer: God told Samuel that he was going to judge Eli's house and his sons because they had done many bad things (1 Samuel 3:11-14)
16. Why was Samuel afraid to tell Eli what the Lord had told him?
Answer: Because it was bad news. (1 Samuel 3:15-18)
17. What kind of job did Samuel grow up to have?
Answer: He was a prophet of the Lord. (1 Samuel 3:20)
Kathy Vincent is the director of the children's ministry, "The Scripture Lady." For over 2 decades, she has creatively shared the Bible to thousands of children through toe-tapping Bible songs, engaging Bible review games and captivating object lessons that all point to Jesus!
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Kathy Vincent
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.