FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 816
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
10 Reasons To Submit To God Today
by Ngozi Nwoke
10/27/2011 / Christian Living
Why should you submit to God? What would you gain by submitting to God? There are two forces operating on earth - the good and the bad. And whichever force you submit to controls your life, (Romans 6:16). This article gives reasons why submission to God is a better choice.
We are creatures of choices and our choices determine our today and tomorrow. Deuteronomy 30:19 (KJV) says, "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life that both thou and thy seed may live:"
God is associated with good and life. When you choose God, you choose good and life. Many people think that to submit to God is to submit to bondage and misery, but the case is the very opposite. Submission to God offers freedom and happiness. What else?
Reasons to submit to God
1. Empowerment - God certainly is far higher than the devil and submitting to God is to be empowered to operate in the same level with God. Daniel 11:32 (KJV) says, "...but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."
2. Success - God is a God of success. When you yield to God you become exposed to God's kind of success. Joshua 1:8 (AMP) - "This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success"
3. Fulfilment - Many people are not fulfilled because they failed to submit their life, ideas, family, business, vision etc to God. Submission to God in every area of your life enthrones God as your counsellor, guide and leader over your life. God takes care of what is committed to him. Psalm 37:5 (KJV) - "Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
4. Peace and joy - A life submitted unto God is a life of peace and joy. God leads in the paths of peace (Psalm 23:2). Also Psalm 16:11 (KJV) says, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
5. Protection - God protects everyone that is under His care. No force can harm you when you are under God's covering. Psalm 91:9-11 (KJV) - "Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. "
6. Victory - This is guaranteed when you submit to God. God is the Almighty and He will prove Himself in any battle you may be facing. James 4:7 (KJV) - "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
7. Provision - Submission to God commands provision from Him. God is committed to supplying all your needs when you totally yield to Him. Matthew 6:31-33 (KJV) - "Therefore take no thought, saying, what shall we eat? Or, what shall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
8. Good health - Sickness and diseases are not from God. When you submit to God He takes them away from you. Exodus 23:25 -"You shall serve the Lord your God; He shall bless your bread and water, and I will take sickness from your midst."
9. Long life - God desires that you enjoy life and have it in abundance, (John 10:10) but this is only possible when you yield to Him. Psalm 91:14, 16 (KJV) - "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. With long life will I satisfy him and shew him my salvation."
10. Eternal life - The ultimate benefit of submission to God is eternal life. This is a life of peace with God after death. John 10:27-28 - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."
In conclusion, Submitting to God is the wisest thing to do. It offers you abundant life here on earth and beyond. Therefore ensure to submit to Him.
Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love and christian living for more fulfilling life. Want more fulfilling life? Subscribe for free email updates today. http://stepswithgod.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Ngozi Nwoke
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.