FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 764
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
The Old Covenant Vs the New Covenant
by Fenny West
4/12/2007 / Bible Studies
5They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."(Heb.8:5)
24For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence. 25Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. (Heb 9:24-28)
1. Both required a lamb to be slain- confirmed with blood.
2. The lamb presented must be without blemish.
3. There was a high priest who did the atonement.
4. The priest entered the holy of holies with blood.
1. The lamb was slain
2. The high priest made the atonement
3. Sin was covered
4. The sacrifice was made every year Heb.10:1-3
5. The blood of bulls and goats were used Heb.10:4
6. Each family brought is own lamb Heb.10:10
7. The priest had to offer sacrifices for his sins and that of others. Heb. 9:7
8. The priest went into the Holy of Holies with trepidation; he may not come back alive.
9. The priest did not give all the people access into the holy place or the holy of holies. Jesus gives us access into the Holy of Holies- the very presence of God. Heb.10:19,22, Heb.4:16
10. It was powerless, weakened by our adamic nature. Heb.10:11
11. The priest went into a temple made with hands.
12. Established on promises
13. The temple had a veil.
1. Jesus-the Lamb of God was crucified
2. Jesus did the atonement, reconciling and representing us; putting away sin.
3. Sin was taken away John1:29, Heb.10:9, -825
4. The sacrifice was made once Heb.10:10
5. The blood of the Son of God was used.
6. Jesus died for all. Heb.10:10
7. Jesus did not need to offer a sacrifice for His sin. He was sinless.Heb.9:14
8. Jesus went boldly, confident of his relationship with the Father.
9. The word of God and the Holy Spirit were symbolised by the candle light and the ten commandments. Heb.9:2-4 .Were had the Living Word and the written word and the Holy Spirit in Person.
10. It was powerful and able to empower us by the Holy Spirit to live for God. Heb.10:16, -7:16, 25, -8:10-12, -
11. Jesus went into a temple made with living stones.
12. Established on better promises Heb.8:6
13. The body of Jesus was the veil that was thorn to give us access to the Holy of Holies.
The implication of the above is that whereas in the Old Testament the people looked longingly to the Holy of holy of Holies we are now free to enter into God's presence boldly because Jesus opened the New and living way by His precious blood. There in His presence we can talk to Him and He can talk to us; we can have true intimacy with Him in increasing degree.
Our sins are not cover but blotted way and we can live victoriously for God. We have a high priest who is always before the Father, interceding for us. (1John2:1, Rom.:8:34)
What a glorious privilege to have the Holy Spirit residing in us- not just coming upon some selected individuals for specific tasks. The Holy Spirit is here with us for ever. John 16:7-15
It is a glorious privilege to be able to go into the very presence of God because of what Jesus has done for us. We can talk to God as our Father, hear Him speak to us, represent others in His presence as priests, increase our intimacy with Him as we fellowship daily with Him.
Let us make the most of it and give Him glory honour and praise for this marvellous access to the New and Living Way.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Fenny West
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.