How do I hear from God? How do I ensure I don't follow the wrong voice? There are many voices out there seeking who to obey it. Therefore learning how to hear from God, thereby differentiating Him from others is very important for your Christian walk with the Lord. This article gives helpful tips on hearing from God.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me - John 10:27 (KJV)
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and will show thee great things, and difficult, which thou knowest not - Jeremiah 33:3 (ASV)
Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the LORD, to the mighty One of Israel. And the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones - Isaiah 30:29-30 (KJV)
God certainly speaks and He desires to talk to His children as a father would to his children. A walk with the Lord without knowing how to hear from God is like travelling to an unknown area without direction. Hearing from God makes your Christian walk easier, interesting and enjoyable. It guarantees peace, victory and success in life, etc in a short time.
Furthermore, being able to hear from God helps you to avoid the pitfalls of life. It protects you from deceit and dangers set by the enemy. The Christian faith is a struggle without the ability to hear from our father and maker.
Tips on how to hear from God
1. Become a child of God - A child will always hear the voice of his father
2. Give attention to His word - God says nothing outside His word. Knowing His word enables you to know when He is speaking to you or not.
3. Be prayerful - Prayer is a two-way communication with God. You will hear the Lord when you spend time praying to Him. Also prayer prepares your spirit to receive from God
4. Believe and expect that He will speak to you - Faith is like a magnet that draws God. So when you have faith that He will speak to you and when He does you will hear Him, then it will be so. The expectation of the just shall not be cut off.
5. Praise and worship God - God inhabits the praises of His people. When He receives your praises you will hear His voice. It also prepares your spirit to receive from Him
6. Practice obeying God's word - when you are a doer of the Lord's word, you will know how to hear from God.
7. Be sensitive in the spirit - God is a spirit and relates to us through our spirit. You will easily hear Him when your spirit is sensitive enough.
8. Exercise patience - God is the Almighty. Nobody dictates to Him. Therefore when you are seeking to hear Him on any issue, don't be in a hurry. He will speak at His own time.
9. Obey the last instruction you heard from God - Normally, God will wait for you to obey the last instruction He gave you before speaking again.
10. Pray in the spirit - This sensitizes your spirit to receive any word from God.
God is the Alpha and the Omega and He wants to direct you in all your ways. The above tips prepare your spirit to quickly receive from Him. Do these tips and you will learn how to hear from God and obey Him.
Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus" . She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love and christian living for more fulfilling life. Want more fulfilling life? Subscribe for free email updates today. http://stepswithgod.co
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Ngozi Nwoke
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program.
Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Hire a Christian Writer, Christian Writer Wanted, Christian Writer Needed, Christian Content Needed
Find a Christian Editor, Hire a Christian Editor, Christian Editor, Find a Christian Writer