No matter what my situation may be, God continuously comforts and directs me with His Word. Isaiah 55 is an awesome portion of Scripture as it is an invitation to Salvation and also the final chapter of the prophecies of comfort in Isaiah starting with chapter 40 and continuing through 55.
I wrote down some key points to remember...
1. Listen to God as He speaks
2. Respond obediently and positively
3. Seek the Lord and His forgiveness and receive forgiveness and mercy
4. Don't let the past keep you from moving into your future
5. God IS ABLE and has a plan and will finish that which He has started and will accomplish that which He purposes
6. Receive joy that is found from being redeemed from bondage
7. Experience inner peace given by God Almighty
8. Allow God to bring transformation from that hard, dry and barren place of the desert into a place of growth and life
9. Know that restoration is possible through God and where there was once thorns, cypress trees will grow and where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up (Isaiah 55:13)
10. Give God all the glory and honor due His name!
I have been a Christian for 23 years. I enjoy Bible study and growing in the knowledge of God's word. I literally want to soak up God's Word like a sponge.