FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 558
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
by Bobby Bruno
4/03/2014 / Testimonies
Until August of 2010, I would not have given my personal goals a single thought. I grew up as a victim of childhood sexual abuse and all that went with it, including depression, suicidal acts, and Bi-polar Syndrome, to name just a few. Last year, God brought me to a place of freedom from all the myriad negative relational, physical, and spiritual aspects of believing the lies of the past, and dealing with them on a day-to-day basis. Not until I achieved this freedom was it possible for me to see outside myself and to see the world around me. In this new-found freedom, I gained a confidence that I had never felt before. God let me know that I mattered to Him and, therefore, let me know that I have something to show the world about how Jesus Christ can change a life of misery and sorrow into a life of joy, freedom, and confidence.
Here are my goals:
1. I will pray more in everything. I will establish a prayer time with God. I spend more time studying the Bible than I do praying for others and myself.
2. I will give up habits I still have from the past that keep me from all that God has for me. I still have lingering habits that I do not want to participate in anymore. I will work closer with the Spirit to eliminate these habits from my life by praying to Him before I give into the temptations.
3. I want to know God better for myself so that I may be able to better tell others about
Him. I will memorize more scripture. I know what the Bible says, but I don't always know where the exact verse is to be found.
1. I want to reach out to my children and grandchildren more than I currently do. The abuse in my life kept me from bonding with my children. I will strive to become more of a presence in their lives by keeping in contact more often.
2. I want to be more patient with my wife. My Bi-polar sometimes doesn't leave me
room to think about how to react to my wife. I will strive to put time between thought and action.
1. I want to reach as many people with the Gospel as God allows me. I want people to know about the healing power of Jesus Christ through multiple avenues: The Word, a book I am writing called "Faith, Hope & Love", my witness and testimony, and the articles I have been writing for the past seven months.
2. I want to help sexual abuse victims find freedom in Christ, as I have. Freedom from all addictions and illnesses are possible through Jesus Christ. If He could help me overcome the abuse I suffered, then there is hope for all others who are suffering through theirs, too.
The goals I set forth in this paper are achievable. But, only with God's help can I hope to see all of them accomplished. The impact of achieving these goals would mean a better life for me, my wife, my children, my grandchildren, and all who I meet, as they see Jesus in me, and what He has done to give me freedom from misery, worry, and depression.
Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love. He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Bobby Bruno
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.