FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 674
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
A Sure Cure For Loneliness
by Olawale Ogunsola
10/20/2014 / Relationships
Have you at any time witnessed or experienced loneliness? If your answer is "yes", you will agree with me that it is a nasty experience that does no one any good. It is a "disease" that kills slowly, silently but surely if an urgent action is not taken.
Let us briefly mention a few causes of loneliness:
1. Loss of loved ones. This comes up in any form. It is possible to experience this by death, separation, or outright divorce or any forms of betrayal. Such convinces the victims that there is no way out but to become reserved and resign to oneself .
2. Inability to take reasonable risks. This may be as a result of the reasons given in one above. The emotional or spiritual power may be absent to take risks again. Such fellow may not want a repeat of such trauma.
3. Fear of the unknown coupled with fear of disappointments. Fear is an enemy of mankind. Studies have shown that there are about 365 (three hundred and sixty-five) "fear not" or related words in the Scriptures. Fear is therefore a cause of loneliness.
Whatever may be the cause, there is a sure cure for it.
What then can this cure be?
The first step is to draw near to your Maker who is aware of the dangers involved in loneliness and declared in the Garden of Eden,
"It is not good that man be alone, I will make a help meet for him." Genesis 2:18.
It is mandatory, you must draw near to Him because He is the Archtect of your life. He has the Master Plan. Your life's time-table is with Him. He can redesign your life for a better tomorrow.
The second step is for you to "Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught ." Luke 5:4c&d KJV.
The New Living Translation renders the above like this:
"Now go out where it is deeper; and let down your nets to catch some fish."
The above was directed at Apostle Peter at the point of his call to follow Jesus Christ. He obeyed and he was rewarded for his obedience.
You also shall be rewarded if you are ready to obey in Jesus Name.
Now, let us examine a little how that can be applicable to you:
* You must go out of your "shell" or "cocoon". Go out into the midst of the people, most importantly, those who are saints that have drawn themselves to the Lord.
You do not need the attention of everybody but some peoples'. In every formal relationship there will always be an informal one. Within the congregation of God's people, you can gain a certain group that will be sympathetic and show empathy to your plight.
* Among God's people, you must "let down your nets". Nets? Do you wonder what these can be? You have nets with which you can catch people. Do you think you have nothing? Let me tell you at least FOUR THINGS that you have:
1. You have life because you are still living.
2. You have time. Twenty-four hours per day.
3. You have talents (gifts) to use for the benefits of others.
4. You have education, I think, that is why you are well able to read this piece.
Do you agree now that you have something? If I pointed out four, add another four.
Therefore, go and make available all that you have- they are your nets. Let others benefit from them before long, you will see people around you, demonstrating their love and caring for you. Make what you have available and you will reap a bountiful harvest.
Fear not to take steps!
That you have been wounded does not mean that you will be wounded again or always. Put God first. He has alternatives when you have none.
Stop living a life of loneliness today. Life is more than what you know or think it to be. There is abundant life in Jesus Christ.
The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Olawale Ogunsola
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.