FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 551
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
41 Healthy Activities to do Instead of Drinking
by stephanie reck
3/23/2015 / Christian Living
Have you recently stopped drinking or desire to, but feel you would have nothing to do? I have composed a list of healthy activities that can replace drinking. However, no activity can replace the life-transforming relationship with Jesus Christ. If you are not a Christian, will power alone or self-help groups, cannot be enough. The power for lasting change and hope is in Jesus Christ. How do I know this? Because I have attempted recovery before in my own strength and will power, and I was defeated every time. But there is hope, you do not have to live defeated.
If you have had a history of alcohol abuse/addiction finding other things to do can be quite a challenge. Our natural reaction to a stressful day, busy day, or difficult day is to unwind with our bottle or glass of alcohol of choice. We believe that alcohol relaxes us, soothes us, and is a reward for enduring hard times.
However, there are other healthier alternatives to drinking:
1. Read a book
2. Do a Bible study online
3. Garden/plant flowers or an herb garden
4. Talk a walk/exercise
5. Clean your closets-purge the old out
6. Write an article or blog post
8. Watch a funny sitcom or movie
9. Participate in an online Christ-centered recovery program like, www.settingthecaptivesfree.com
10. Eat out to eat at your favorite restaurant
11. Go on a nature trail
12. Paint a room or paint something
13. Become a bird watcher
14. Do home repairs or remodeling
15. Go for a bike ride
16. Go to the library
17. Play a favorite board game
18. Listen to praise music and sing
19. Attend a Bible study and/or attend church
20. Visit a museum, park, or zoo
21. Go for a swim
22. Take a walk on the beach
23. Get coffee at your favorite coffee shop
24. Go on a picnic
25. Go to a local community festival
26. Go canoeing
27. Take your dog for a walk
28. Try a new recipe
29. Fly a kite
30. Have breakfast in bed
31. Go to a movie and get the popcorn
33. Drink tea in the afternoon outside
34. Have a spa day at home
35. Take a drive and go exploring
36. Go to lunch with a friend
37. Attend a play
38. Call a friend or family member to catch up
39. Write that book you have been putting off
40. Try the herb Kudzu to help with urges and desires
41. If you have the money budgeted, do a little shopping
Do not get drunk on wine which leads to debauchery, instead, be filled with the spirit. Ephesians 5:18
Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat. Proverbs 23:20
The first 60-90 days of staying free of alcohol will be a transition time, it may seem strange and difficult; especially as you are trying to find new things to occupy your time. You will need to put away the places, people, and things that could cause you to stumble. God will make new connections for you, and He will place new desires in you.
What about you, what healthier activities do you like to do instead of drinking? Please share with our readers.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by stephanie reck
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.