FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 337
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
10 Reasons to Hold a Quiet Time With God
by Tai Ikomi
9/22/2015 / Devotionals
1. It is an opportunity to fellowship with God. Your primary fellowship is with God, our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. God desires to fellowship with you on a personal basis (1 John 1:3)
2. It puts you in an atmosphere to hear the voice of God. As you read His Word, God will speak to you through it. It can also give you direction or counsel that you need right now. You are privileged to enjoy the counsel of "the only wise God" (Isaiah 20:31).
3. It gives you strength to resist the temptations of the day. Those who stay in God's presence have the strength to overcome their weaknesses. A consistent Quiet Time with God is a great deterrent to sin because of your knowledge of the Word, and the strength to carry it out (Isaiah 40:10).
4. It helps you to know more about God. You know more of His character, His views and His heart (Isaiah 54:13).
5. It increases your knowledge of the Bible. Each day reading of God's Word, increases your knowledge of God's promises, His commandments and His person (2 Timothy 3:15).
6. It helps you to be more like God when you learn more of Him. Without fellowship with Christ, you cannot conform to His image (2 Corinthians 3:18).
7. It gives you joy. As you fellowship with God, your joy life increases. In God's presence is fullness of joy. In crisis, Quiet Time is indispensable for the presence of God is your source of joy, calmness and comfort (Psalms 16:11).
8. It imparts peace. The fellowship with God and His Word give peace (Isaiah 26:3).
9. It helps you to know more about God's love for you. In His presence, the love of God is more real because you are daily in contact with God (1 John 3:1).
10. A good consistent Quiet Time is also a safeguard from backsliding. It keeps the fire burning (Isaiah 43:22).
Tai Ikomi, author - Quiet Time With God
Dr. Tai Ikomi is an author of over 30 books .and a conference speaker. She gives seminars on the Names of God and forgiveness after forgiving the drunk man who killed her entire family. She is the founder of Forgiveness Discipleship.
Dr. Tai Ikomi
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Tai Ikomi
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
Thanks. Will be used for our church's website.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.