FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 743
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
GOD'S REQUIREMENT FROM You
by Olawale Ogunsola
5/19/2016 / Christian Living
"Forever, O Lord,
Your word is settled in heaven." Psalm 119:89.
One thing people of God ought to be grateful for, after their salvation, is the availability of the Guiding Manual, that is the Holy Bible. For any of His own elect to live in light in a world full of darkness, calls for instructions of the Lord which He gave out of His uncommon love from a pure heart.
The Lord always think, speak and plan for the good of His elects. He declares,
"For I know the thoughts that I think towards you,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."Jeremiah 29:11
The Lord will never deny His words or Himself. He is a faithful One.
One thing that always guarantee the fulfillment of the above and other promises is to satisfy the requirements for them. It is a matter of "cause and effect".
What are the requirements to enter into His rest and peace?
1. Fear Him. The Lord deserves to be feared by those who are His. This fear emanates from the fact that He loves His own and losing such love will end in disaster. The book of Proverbs declares in chapter 1:7 and 8:13,
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and Instructions.
The fear of the Lord is to hate evil,
Pride and and arrogance and the evil way."
Joseph lived his life in the fear of God. When He was confronted with sin of fornication, his declaration was, "How can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God." Genesis 39:9
2. Walk in All His Ways. Purpose to walk in all the ways of the Lord. The Lord has His ways and mankind has his own. The way of the Lord is the way of the Spirit but the way of the main is influenced by the flesh. The spirit is more profitable than that of the flesh. The Scriptures say the flesh has no value. Therefore, it is better to walk in His ways.
It is disheartening to note that God's people are only interested in experiencing His mighty power. They name His promises and claim them; this is not bad at all but when He decided not to honor such claims, His people become disorganized. Those who do so end up denying Him.
To Know His ways and walk in them gives a very good assurance. It stabilizes standing and walking before God. This was the truth in the lives of Moses and the people of God in his days.
"He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel." Psalm 103:2.
3. Love Him. Pay for God's love by loving Him in return. Love Him because when you were a sinner, the Lord died for you. It is a reasonable step to love someone who has rescued you from your wrongdoings. Always show that you love Him. To do otherwise is evil. Proverbs 17:13 reveals,
"Whoever rewards evil for good,
Evil will not depart from his house."
Reward good with good; love the Lord with all that you are. Mark 12:30.
The Lord openly declares,
" If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word;
and My Father will love him, and We will come to
him and make Our home with him." John 14:23-24
4. Worship Him. Whoever loves Him should worship Him with the whole of his heart, soul and mind. Do away with lip service. Worship the Lord with the whole of all your being.
. "... serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all soul...." Deut. 10:12(f).
To serve and worship Him should not be with hypocrisy but sincerely. Not only this, no other god should you worship with Him. Avoid divided loyalty.
5. Keep the Lord's commandments. If you love the Lord, you will not provoke Him to anger. Love His commandments with the aim of doing according to them. Observe all His dos and don's for your own good. Only then can you boldly say
"Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I may not sin against You." Psalm 119:11
Are you to meet these requirements for your good? Go ahead in Christ. Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.
Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Holy Bible.
The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Olawale Ogunsola
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.