FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 2589
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
Dealing with and Separating from your Evil Foundation
by Bode Ayodele
8/14/2007 / Christian Living
Foundation, in the general sense is the invisible aspect of a building on which it main structure rests upon. The strength of the a building is largely dependant upon its foundation.
What is human foundation?
Drawing from above we may define the human foundation as being made up of a persons past deeds and activities, those of his ancestors, and entire family lineage (including parents, grandparents etc). It is suffice to say that the deeds of ones past lineage make up the foundation of an individual.
Why do we have to deal with human foundations?
Just as a house, no matter how beautiful it may appear to be, would not last if the foundation is faulty, likewise the life of an individual cannot retain enduring success if the foundation is not addressed.
This is made clear by the psalmist in the following verse:
If the foundation is destroyed what can the righteous do?
This indicates that even when one is born again and living a righteous life if the persons foundation is flawed there is little one can do to achieve greatness or success in life. It is for this reason that many children of God find it difficult to understand why it seems their prayers go unanswered; why, at times, success seems to be elusive. It could be as result of a faulty foundation.
An individual who comes from a home of idol worshippers and is the first in his lineage to profess Christianity will not find things as easy as one in whose lineage, relationships with God through Jesus traces back to the fourth generation.
Going further, the psalmist notes that even the world itself has its own foundations and they are not necessarily in order:
They know not, neither will they understand they walk on in darkness all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
From this verse we may gather that most of the confusion witnessed in the earth today is as a direct result of faulty foundations.
Before proceeding please take the following prayer points (PP):
Oh Lord, repair my faulty foundation in the name of Jesus.
I shall not build my house upon a faulty foundation.
How to deal with a faulty human foundation-Separation
A close scrutiny of the scriptures reveals that when God wants to use a person he first of all deals with the persons foundation. He does this through separation.
Examples of such are seen in the lives of Noah, Abraham, Gideon, and David.
Prior to the existence of Noah man continuously lived in sin:
(5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
The bible states that God found righteousness in Noah and chose to begin a new foundation- through him. He chose to cut off the old foundation of sin and build upon, through the life of Noah, a foundation of righteousness:
(1) And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
Please let us pause here to take this prayer point:
Oh Lord, build a new foundation of righteousness through me in the name of Jesus.
Another biblical example of where the Lord dealt with and caused an individual to separate from his evil foundation is the life of Abraham.
Abraham was from an idolatrous background. His grandfather, Nahor and father, Terah, were from the Ur of Chadeles; a land identified with idolatry. The book of Joshua states as much:
And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nahor: and they served other gods.
God chose to commence a new foundation with Abraham. He chose to separate him from his past in order to give him a new beginning.
Terah could not achieve his objective of going to Canaan from Ur of Chadeles, he died in Haran.
(31) And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter-in-law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.
(32) And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.
This is the place where God wanted to build a future with Abraham. For Abraham to succeed where his father failed God had to separate him from his foundation. To achieve this he told Abraham to separate from his fathers house, kindred and country:
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee:
Abraham however, erred as regards this instruction. He took along Lot, his nephew, who by definition was his kindred.
So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.
The consequence of this error reflects in the life of Abrahams and that of his children.
Lot became Abrahams first problem- they argued over land.
(7) And there was strife between the herdsmen of Abram's cattle and the herdsmen of Lot's cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land.
The foregoing apart, God did not bless Abraham until he separated from Lot.
(14) And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
(15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
(16) And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
Yet, there were still further consequences to Abraham offspring as regards this error.
The Moabites and Ammonites where descendants of Lot
(30) And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.
(31) And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:
(32) Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
(33) And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
(34) And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
(35) And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
(36) Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.
(37) And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.
(38) And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.
The Moabites and Ammonites however became the main enemies of the children of Israel.
2 Chronicles 20:1
(1) It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle.
Abraham sought to help Lot by taking him along with him. Lot however represented the faulty foundation God was trying to separate Abraham from. As a result Lot became a problem to Abraham and his children became a problem to Abrahams children.
Also, Abraham went into Hagar, Sarahs servant, despite Gods promise concerning Isaac. When God told him he would bless Isaac Abraham reminded him of Ishmael, requesting that God should bless Ishmael.
(15) And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.
(16) And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
(17) Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
(18) And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
Ishmael however was partially from a faulty foundation, his mother being a bond woman. The consequence of this is that the Arabs, being the descendants of Ishmael, (Hagars son) are today the main headache of the children of Israel, contending with them over the Promised Land
Once again Abrahams mistake turned into a problem for his future generations.
Please take these prayer points
: Any mistake I will make in life that will be a problem to my lineage/children in future die by fire in the name of Jesus.
The life of King David is another example of where God deals with a person's foundation.
God separated David, from his fathers house (Jesse) to make him King over Israel.
Boaz fathered Obed, Obed fathered Jesse, while Jesse fathered David.
David was the last of the eight sons of Jesse. However it is in him that God chose to commence a new beginning. Prior to David no one in his family had ruled over Israel. But from his generation onward, there was always a king from his lineage on the throne.
That aside David became Gods benchmark of future kings.
Below is Davids lineage from his great grand father to his seventh generation.
Boaz-Obed-JesseDavidSolomon Rehoboam- AbijamAsaJehosaphatJehoram
However, when God refers to the performance sheet of Asa, the son of Abijam, he does not refer to him as the son of Abijam, (his biological father), neither does God refer to him as the son of Boaz, Obed or Jesse his fore fathers. He refers to him as the son of David.
1 Kings 15:11
(11) And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father.
From this we can see that God started a new beginning with David. In Davids family lineage God cut off the old foundation. Boaz, Obed and Jesse.
David became the benchmark- the reference point in his family.
In the case of Abraham the old foundation from Nahor and Terah downwards was cut off. Abraham became the reference point in his lineage.
From what we have read it is clear that God wants to commence a new beginning. He wants to commence a new foundation in the life of His children.
Please take the following prayer points:
Oh Lord use me as a reference point to greatness in my family lineage.
Oh lord, In my family lineage start a new beginning with me.
Gideon is another example of a person whom God separated to commence a new foundation. Gideon was from an idolatrous background. His father was the High Priest of Baal.
God instructed Gideon to destroy his fathers altar. He further told him to build an altar unto God and to offer the bull, meant for the sacrifice on the altar of Baal upon the altar of God:
(25) And it came to pass the same night that the LORD said unto him, Take thy father's young bullock, even the second bullock of seven years old, and throw down the altar of Baal that thy father hath, and cut down the grove that is by it:
(26) And build an altar unto the LORD thy God upon the top of this rock, in the ordered place, and take the second bullock, and offer a burnt sacrifice with the wood of the grove which thou shalt cut down.
That which was initially meant for the altar of Baal was transferred to the altar of God. Through Gideon God destroyed the old order (order of Baal) in his lineage and set up a new order, the order of God.
This is the instruction we receive in Romans 12: 1
(1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
To effectively serve God we have to separate from our evil foundations.
This is actually where the need for deliverance comes into play.
Many are from terrible backgrounds. The evil spirits that led their parents into trouble are still lurking in the corner and need to be dealt with.
We are not talking about partial separation here but total separation. Remember God did not bless Abraham till he separated from Lot. To separate from ones evil foundations is to do things in a different manner from how our fathers did them-from how we did them in the past.
It is to no longer right to identify with the old tradition, culture and customs of our ancestors.
Once you come into Christ you must separate yourself from those in your family who do not identify with your new faith.
Many still identify with those of their evil foundations (father and mothers household), their old sinful friends and relatives- even when the latter refuse to embrace Jesus Christ.
We still flock, identify and celebrate with them!
Jesus said that it is only those who do the will of God that are His brothers and sisters, indicating that He was more concerned with spiritual than physical relationships.
To deal with your evil background you must separate from it.
To separate from your evil background you must stop identifying with it.
Identify with your new foundation.
Identify with Christ.
Please take the concluding prayer points
Oh Lord, separate me from my evil family background in the name of Jesus.
From my generation upwards in my lineage we shall all identify and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.
Any evil in my foundation affecting my relationship with God die in the name of Jesus.
I shall not build upon the evil foundation my fathers built upon.
The evil foundation of my ancestors shall not pull me down in the name of Jesus.
Postscript: Repent and believe, remember hell is real, heaven is real. No matter how long we spend here on earth it cannot be compared to the time we shall spend in eternity. Hebrews 12:14 states: Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Pastor, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, Angel Branch (MFM Angel)
Unit 2/3 Packington Sq, Packington St, Off Essex Road, N1 7PS, Angel , Islington, London , UK.
Copyright: Flaming Fire Publications All rights reserved
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Bode Ayodele
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.