FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 879
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
THE LAW OF TITHES AND OFFERINGS
by Olawale Ogunsola
10/18/2017 / Christian Living
As good and beneficiary as the Law of Tithes and Offerings is, some people are opposed to its implementation. Some of them hinge their reasons on the use into which certain ministers of God put it. That is, they believe, and in some cases they are right, that it is ONLY the family members of a servant of God that spend every money that accrue from Tithes and Offerings.
Certain ministers who are not knowledgeable on the right use of the money can be guilty of this law. They need to make necessary change.
Certain antagonists of this law do so because of the wealth of some men of God. They believe that there is a limit God can bless His people. They are of the wrong notion that God called His people to suffer in His vineyard. They do not know that everyone who obeys Him stands to be blessed, and there is no limit to such blessings.
In the same vein, they are of the wrong opinion that the Tithes and offerings of a ministry or church is the only source of income of a man of God. This is not so!
Every antagonist of the Laws of Tithes and offerings should take note of these:
- Jesus Himself declared that He did not come into the world to destroy the laws of God and proclamation by the mouth of the prophets of the living God. In the words of Jesus Christ,
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law (including the Laws of Tithes and Offerings or the Prophets). I did not come to destroy)
But to fulfill” Matthew 5:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
Be rest assured that Jesus did not condemn the Law of Tithes and Offerings.
- Jesus Christ also made reference to Tithe in Luke 11:42 without condemning it but the payer who were religious failures.
It is because they carry out a part of the Laws of God. He said,
“But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and
All manner of herbs, and pass by justice and love of God. these you ought to have done without leaving the others undone.” NKJV.
The Lord told them to do justice and love God as they also pay tithes (and offerings).
- Everyone who has faith in God of Abraham must be obedient as Abraham was. He paid tithes. The Scriptures disclosed that Abram “of God most high paid tithes to Melchizedek… the priest of the God most High.” Genesis 14:18-20
If “he gave him a tenth of all”, why should a believer in God of Abraham fail to act like a friend of God?
- Anyone who wants blessings like that of Abraham (Abraham) cannot fail to do what he did. What was his blessings like? In his days, the Holy Bible records,
“Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold.” Genesis 13:2
The craving of everyone with a sound mind is to be blessed. One of the routes to access God’s blessings is to pay your Tithes and Offerings.
This is evident in point number three above.
- Nowhere in the Holy Bible is it written that payment of Tithes and Offerings is a sin against God. Instead, it is the other way round. None payers are seen by the Lord as “Robbers”. Therefore, those who preach against its payment are encouraging saints not only to rob God but also to deny themselves all the benefits attached to it. It is working against the commandment of God, their Creator.
- The Law of Tithes and Offerings do not impair or contradict all or any other laws of the Lord, like the law of “give and it will be given unto you”, “whatsoever a man sows, he will reap” and so on.
In fact, your whole life must be given unto Jesus Christ.
- Whoever sees Tithes and Offerings as a form of training God’s people to learn how to surrender what they have unto the Lord may not be wrong. If you call it a means of beginning to honor him with your substance, you are right.
Therefore, do not teach or preach against what the Lord God had commanded; doing so will turn you into an enemy of God and his people. Becoming an enemy of God is to be doomed forever, if you fail to repent.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.
The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Olawale Ogunsola
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.