FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 751
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
Find the Words in This Butterfly Poem - Part 2 - Definitions of Words
by Tonja Taylor
1/24/2020 / Education
A Poem About the Butterfly ("Mariposa") and the Mimosa
(This is for kids in 1-5 grade)
Count the rhythm of the words and enjoy the rhyme. Then find the words on the list below and talk about what they mean. (The definitions of the words are at the bottom.)
Also, the words in bold are from languages other than English.
WORDS TO FIND and learn: Mariposa, flight, zephyr, house, light, friend, birthday, delight, helping, shine, bright, meant, always, Elohim, created, love, treasure, above, realize, gift, everyone, objet d’art, everywhere
Mariposa made a flight
Upon a gentle zephyr;
She came unto a house of light
And there her new friend met her.
She brought the birthday girl delight
And by helping her to see
That each of us do shine so bright
As we’re meant to be.
So know always that Elohim
Created you in love;
And that you are His treasure and
He sees you from above.
Also realize you're a gift
To everyone you know--
And that you are an objet d’art*
Everywhere you go!
By Tonja K. Taylor © 2013
*Work of art; masterpiece
1. flight – the act, manner, or power of flying
2. zephyr — a gentle, mild breeze.
3. house — a building in which people live; residence for human beings
4. light — luminescence from sun or other source
5. friend -– trusted person; confidant, companion
6. birthday — day you came out of your mother’s womb; act of the living God in bringing a person from his or her creation inside the mother’s womb into the world; date of birth
7. delight — enjoyment, happiness; the word God used for the Garden of Eden (Genesis 2:8, 9)
8. helping — giving aid, assistance, support, or the like
9. shine — to give forth or glow with light; shed or cast light to be bright with reflected light; glisten; sparkle
10. bright -– radiating or reflecting light; luminous; shining: The bright coins shone in the gloom; filled with light: The room was bright with sunshine; vivid or brilliant: a bright red dress; bright passages of prose; intelligent
11. meant — to intend to express or indicate
12. know — to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty
13. always – every time; on every occasion; without exception: He always works on Saturday; all the time; continuously; uninterruptedly: There is always some pollution in the air; forever
14. created — to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes
15. love — a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person; a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend
16. treasure –- wealth, rich materials, or valuable things; any thing or person greatly valued or highly prized (continued)
17. above – in, at, or to a higher place; overhead, upstairs, or in the sky; higher in rank, authority, or power
18. gift –- something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned; a special ability or capacity; natural endowment; talent
19. everyone – every person; everybody
20. everywhere — in every place or part; in all places
Words from languages other than English:
1. Mariposa – (mah ree POH sa) – Spanish word for “butterfly.”
2. Elohim – (El oh HEEM) – Hebrew word for the name of “God the Creator.”
3. objet d-art – (AHB Zha DAR) – French word for “the best of something; masterwork.”
Tonja K. Taylor is the author of many works, including THE ADVENTURES OF PRINCESS PEARL, P.O.W.E.R.* Girl! series. She and her husband Clayton minister the Word through teaching, preaching, and the arts, through River Rain Creative Arts (You Tube, God Tube), their church, and beyond.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Tonja Taylor
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.