FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 575
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
LEGACY - Crafting Your Child's Future With Words - Part 10 - Creative Ideas
by Tonja Taylor
2/01/2020 / Family
These are some of the creative ideas the LORD gave me to plant the Word into my darling daughter and myself. I was a divorced single mom for almost seven years (since my daughter was 10 months old), and the Word became my life, especially to strengthen myself and my girl, to give us victory and direction and hope.
Now, almost 15 years later, the Word of God continues to be the most important thing in my life, even above my dear husband (Definitely an "arranged marriage" 14 years ago--by the King Himself!).
As you make the priceless Word of God your priority, Your understanding of God's love and faithfulness will help bring stability to your life, and your children will benefit in eternal ways.
So let these ideas spark your imagination. They are pretty practical, but God is Elohim the Creator, and just ask Him how to be even more creative in helping your children (and you!) learn His life-changing Word! He will!
1. Print out Scriptures (Bible verses) or write Scripture/verse cards (This works best if you can have your children choose and write them, even illustrate them, like my artistically-inclined daughter did!) and post them on your refrigerator, on your bathroom mirror(s), on your children's desk(s). Discuss them at various times during the day with your child(ren).
2. Cut sheets of many Scriptures into individual verses or write verses on notecards and put at least one a day in your child's lunchbox or backpack (I used to do that, and my darling daughter would take hers out and share them at school. It's OK to put the same one in all week, or even longer, till your little ones (and you!) hide it in your heart(s) and can speak it to each other without reading the words! It's fun to learn Scripture and recite it to each other! And, it is sowing more of the Living Word of God into your children and you!)
3. Keep sheets of Scriptures in your car and some on cards in your pocketbook to read when I'm waiting, or eating lunch
4. Sow printed verses or written verse cards at fast food drive throughs too (have your child hand it to the person at the window, if possible, or at least choose which sheet or card to hand out. Have your child say it out loud before handing it to the person if you can! (I once got a free Scripture calendar that was extra and sowed it to the carhop at a drive in restaurant. She was tickled, and the others wanted a calendar with Scriptures too! Too bad I didn't have more!)
5. Have your child choose a Scripture card to leave on the table (with a monetary tip, of course) for the wait-person. It's even better if your child knows the verse, or at least will read it out loud to the wait-person. They are almost always very patient and smiling with a child, and you'll be sowing the Word into the wait-person, your child, yourself, and all who hear it!
Ask the LORD for more creative ideas to help you learn His Word and plant it into your little ones, and He will supply! Go for it and have fun--others can become born again and otherwise understand more about how God loves and sees them as individuals as you do these things, while you are sowing the Word--and how to sow the Word!--into your children!
Tonja K. Taylor is the author of many works, including THE ADVENTURES OF PRINCESS PEARL, P.O.W.E.R.* Girl! series. She and her husband Clayton minister the Word through teaching, preaching, and the arts, through River Rain Creative Arts (You Tube, God Tube), their church, and beyond.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Tonja Taylor
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.