FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 561
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
13 Tips to Help You Sleep Better While Traveling
by Tonja Taylor
2/22/2020 / Travel
Here are a few tips I’ve learned while traveling, that help me sleep better:
1. Use wax ear plugs (The styrofoam plugs don't block noise nearly as much as the wax ones do). These can be purchased for less than $5 from major retail stores. They are easily moldable to put over the opening of your ear (Don’t jam them far into your ear.) to block the noise.
2. Take lightweight foam from 5 to 6 feet long and 2-3 feet wide to put on the mattress. This is pretty cheap, and you can buy a garment bag for $1 from dollar stores to put it in. After being used to my pillow-top mattress at home and feeling like I was sleeping on a board on some stiff mattresses in hotels, this works great!
3. Make sure to get off your phone, tablet, TV, computer, and radio with high-energy music at least 30 minutes before bed. A hot bath is good, although if it’s too hot, it could actually make you more alert, depending on your body chemistry.
4. Don’t drink sugary or caffeinated drinks after 5 p.m. Some people are not affected by this, but if you’ve ever been up later than planned because of either type of drink, then skip them if you want to get a good night’s sleep.
5. Put on slow, relaxing music if you have any on at all.
6. Reading the Word of God can help be thankful for God's faithfulness all your life, and that you know He will watch over you through the night.
7. Plead the Blood of Jesus over your room, and over your rest and dreams, against any junk the enemy might try to send, and ask God for dreams about your future.
8. Don’t eat for at least 3 hours before you go to bed. Your liver can keep you up while it works to digest food, if you eat too late.
9. Turn the fan to “auto” to help block noise.
10. Make the room as dark as possible and block the light from the clock or other electric devices.
11. Declare over yourself this what the LORD says in Proverbs 3:24: “When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you rest, your sleep will be sweet.” Say, LORD, I claim this verse for me and thank You for sweet sleep tonight!”
12. Take your own pillow.
13. As you lie down, start thanking the LORD for all the good things in your life, and pray blessings on other people. You will soon feel happy and relax and go to dreamland!
Tonja K. Taylor is the author of many works, including THE ADVENTURES OF PRINCESS PEARL, P.O.W.E.R.* Girl! series. She and her husband Clayton minister the Word through teaching, preaching, and the arts, on River Rain Creative Arts (You Tube, God Tube), AnchorFM, their church, the region, and beyond
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Tonja Taylor
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.