FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 813
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
What Do You Have?
by Olawale Ogunsola
9/24/2020 / Miracles
The title of this essay is a question that people rarely ask themselves or each other. It is sad that human beings concentrate more on what they do not have than those things they are blessed with. As a result of this, "I have nothing!" is their common statement and this affects their productivity in life.
"I have nothing" approach to life is a very wrong way of living. If you take time to count your blessings, it will surprise you how God had been very good and kínd to you; most especially, count those things you have that money cannot buy.
So, henceforth, use a positive approach to live your life so that you will bear good fruits for the Lord and you will have rest for your soul. Who among these two boys do you think has a positive view of life?
Each was given a bottle of juice and they started to drink it. At a point when half has been taken by each of them, a man asked each of them, "what do you have to say about content of the bottle you are holding?"
The first boy replied," it is half empty, I will soon finish it"
The second one answered, "it is still half full, it will take some time to finish it."
Is it wrong to conclude that the first boy has a negative view and the second a positive one? The second one expressed hope while the first expressed hopelessness in a form.
Therefore, ask yourself, "What do I have?" A careful examination of yourself will reveal that you have a lot left, irrespective of your present predicament. For instance, let us consider the life of a prophet's widow in Second Kings chapter number four from verses two to seven (2 Kings 4:2-7).
She lost her husband to the cold hands of death the only thing left for her were her sons and unpaid debt. So the creditor came to disposesss her of those sons ; what a serious problem? Then she remembered that a true Prophet of God was in town, ie Prophet Elisha, so she went to him to explain her situation to him.
The prophet who understood the ways of the Lord asked her,
"Tell me what do you have in the house?" Her first reply wwas "... nothing... but she quickly remembered to add," but a jar of oil" verse 2.
For the Lord to perform His miracles in her life, what she had left was enough for multiplication.
Now, let us briefly itemise what she had available that helped her, they can help you also :
1. She had her life. She was not dead yet, that is why she could take any step to rescue her sons.
2. Happily, she remembered the Lord her God who could handle her problems effectively and efficiently.
3. A true prophet was available with whom she could discuss her matters and she went to him. She did not despise him at all.
4. She was not barren ; she had two sons to live with.
5. In the house, she had a jar of oil vesrss 1-2. The object available for multiplication. Do you know that you have yours that can be multiplied? It can be anything, your last money, certificate, knowledge, etc..
6. Good human relations, verse 3. This gave her the opportunity to approach her neighbors to borrow empty vessels as directed by the Agent of Multiplication, Prophet Elisha.
7. Obedience. This widow had faith enougt to obey the instructions of the Prophet. This is an asset, verse 4-5.
8. Patience was also another possession in her care. After the oil was multiplied to fill all the borrowed empty vessels, she did nothing rashly, she waited for further instructions on what to do with the oil, verse 6-7.
9. This woman had a good sense of business but lacked the capital. She was instructed to sell the oil, pay the debt and live on the leftover, verse 7.
10. She knew her husband very well as a man who feared the Lord v1. It was that fear that prevented him from duping God's people Psalm 111:10, Proverbs 8:13.
11. She also feared the Lord God of Israel. She followed the steps of her husband who feared God. She was submissive to him. She did not in any way nag her man into committing atrocities against the Lord.
Do you know that you can use these eleven qualities of the widow to assess your life? You may have more. It means the Lord can multiply what you have to lift you up.
Stay blessed and prepared for the imminent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Olawale Ogunsola
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.