FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 1072
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
How to Have Heaven on Earth
by Tonja Taylor
4/01/2021 / Christian Living
Every true Believer wants it: Heaven on earth! Here are just a few Scriptures where the LORD tells us His will--for Heaven on earth!
7 For your eyes have seen all the great work of the Lord which He did. 8 Therefore you shall keep all the commandments which I command you today, that you may be strong and go in and possess the land which you go across [the Jordan] to possess, 9 And that you may live long in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers to give to them and to their descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey. 10 For the land which you go in to possess is not like the land of Egypt, from which you came out, where you sowed your seed and watered it with your foot laboriously as in a garden of vegetables. 11 But the land which you enter to possess is a land of hills and valleys which drinks water of the rain of the heavens, 12 A land for which the Lord your God cares; the eyes of the Lord your God are always upon it from the beginning of the year to the end of the year.
21 That your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, as long as the heavens are above the earth.--Deut. 11:7-12, 21 (ESV)
Now I'll share with you just a few ways the LORD has been able to work with my right choices, to bring Heaven to earth in my life. He can do the same for you, for He is no respecter of persons--He is not biased, and will do the same for every person, when they do the same things to follow His wonderful ways!
1. Get the hell out. I'm not cursing--but hell is the opposite of what God wants for us. There is a devil, certainly, and his plan is to kill, steal, and destroy-which he will do, if you aren't aware of how he operates, and if you are giving him space. You must ask the LORD to forgive you of allowing the enemy to work in and through your life, and to show you where there are open doors to the enemy, and ask God's help to close them--forever (Romans 3:23).
When He shows you something to change, ask Him for help and grace and strength. The more you obey Him, the easier it will become to do so. He is good, and He loves you very much! He only wants the best for you!
2. Then ask Him to show you how to draw closer to Him and dedicate every part of your life to Him Who loves you so much He sent Jesus to die and rise again for you (John 3:15-17; Romans 6:6-10 and Romans 10:13). He will. He is a faithful Father! He will show you to read and study His Word more; listen to it more--through church attendance, online for preaching and teaching and true worship; tithing and giving offerings so that others may hear the Good News of Christ and receive Christ Jesus as Savior and LORD; praying to Him for others, nations, the government, and yourself; and otherwise obeying Him with the gifts and talents He give you, for everything good comes from Him!
3. Get out of yourself. By this, I mean to practice unselfishness, by giving--not just money, but time, energy/service, material possessions, your gifts and talents, etc. Even if you miss it and give to someone who doesn't really appreciate it, don't worry; God your dear Father sees your heart, and it pleases Him. He, after all, is the Ultimate Giver, and when we give to help others in some way--including by praying for them!--it pleases Him.
4. Be thankful, and ask Him to help you be content with your life, while giving you inspiration and direction to enjoy even more of the abundant life (John 10:10) that Jesus died to give you. Thanksgiving is a powerful thing, and when we are thankful--especially out loud--it can make an eternal difference in other's lives that hear and see our gratitude. Also, it has been proven that many people in the insane asylum went nuts because they were unthankful. Go figure!
The LORD should not have to command us to be thankful, because every good thing in our lives is from Him, and Who can count all the good--even in one day--that He gives us? How great and merciful, gracious, kind, and faithful, slow to anger and abounding in love, is our God, Yahweh, Whose Covenant He will not break?! However, there are many places where He tells us (for our own good! Everything He tells us is for our own good! He is our faithful Father Who is Love, and He only wants the best for us!) to be thankful. He tells us to set our minds on things above--good things--and when we choose to be thankful and realize and express back to Him and others how very GOOD He has been to us, that births and breeds righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost--which is what the Kingdom of God is (Romans 14:17)!
5. Keep the Word of God flowing through your house and car often, even at night. You can do this through the radio, internet, your phone, CD or DVD player, ROKU, etc. This helps create an atmosphere of more peace. Turn off the TV and negative junk! Even Christian news can create strife in your spirit, if you get too involved in the negative news reports.
Ask the LORD for wisdom for more ways to have Heaven on earth. He is Elohim, the Creator, so He is never out of ideas!
Tonja K. Taylor is the author of many works, including THE ADVENTURES OF PRINCESS PEARL, P.O.W.E.R.* Girl! series. She and her husband Clayton minister the Word through teaching, preaching, and the arts, via River Rain Creative Arts (You Tube, God Tube), their church, and beyond.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Tonja Taylor
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.