FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 695
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
Finding your Purpose
by Filoiann Wiedenhoff
2/22/2008 / Christian Living
Jeremiah 29:11-12 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." NIV
In school we are taught to have goals and dreams; but if more people only knew that along with their dreams, God also has a plan and a purpose that is greater than they can imagine or think and that He created them specifically to accomplish His purposes for His glory.
What a difference it would make in the lives of young men and women today if they knew that they were created and born with a special purpose and that God has a specific and unique plan for their lives.
I know for me it transformed my life from a troubled teenager into a young woman of purpose. I needed to know that there was more to life than just existing and that I had a purpose on this earth.
This knowledge literally set me free and gave me hope for my life, and I hope someone reading this article will be encouraged also.
Here are nine ways to help you find your God given purpose:
1. Believe that God has a plan for your life: As we read earlier in Jeremiah 29:11, God already knows the plans He has for us. We just need to believe Him by faith and seek Him to find out what it is.
2. Understand that God made you unique for a purpose: There is no one on the planet that has the exact life experiences, gifts, talents and abilities as you. You were made for a unique purpose.
3. Look at your passions: Think of all the things you love and have a passion for and write them down.
4. Look at your gifts and abilities: Write down your talents and abilities as well as certain areas of expertise and experience.
5. Look at your past history and background: Write down your past experiences, including the good and the bad that have played a significant role in your life. God uses all of it to make you who you are today.
6. Ask what specific burdens or heart do you have toward a specific group of people, animal or thing: We all have a specific area already in mind that we feel comfortable working with or drawn to. For example: youth, adult, men, women, sports, animals, art, music, writing etc . . . Write this down. This is very important.
7. Is there something you have always wanted to do but just never felt you could or had the time?
8. Find out if there is someone, a group or organization in your community that is already doing what you would like to do and check it out! Think about volunteering and find out if this is something you are interested in. One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time.
9. Make sure your motivation is always to glorify God and help others and God will bless it.
Looking back, I see how God used my tough experiences as a teenager, along with my gifts and abilities, to give me a burden and compassion for the youth. I had a heart to encourage them and give them hope and purpose through Jesus Christ, and there I received the vision for Samoan Youth for Christ.
Many young people made decisions for Christ and they are now serving the Lord years later. It also took a lot of hard work and commitment but it was well worth it.
Timing is everything. Don't feel rushed to run out and do it today, start with prayer and allow God to lead you. Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." NKJV
All things should begin and end with prayer. I hope these tips will encourage you and motivate you to walk in purpose knowing that God has a plan for your life!
Filoiann M. Wiedenhoff is a pastor's wife,work at home mom, Womans Biblical Counselor, Bible Teacher and Writer. View her website for more articles http://filoiannwiedenhoff.com/
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Filoiann Wiedenhoff
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.