Remember the old "Concentration" game show on television? If you are a baby boomer, you probably watched it. Here is a spelling game that your child can play that is based on the same concept. This game is for two players.
Colored index cards - a different color for each player
Markers or crayons
1. Used colored index cards. Each player picks one color. They write their spelling words on the cards, one word per card.
2. They each shuffle their own cards and lay them out, face down, in front of them. For example, if they have twenty spelling words, they could lay them down in four rows of five.
3. The first player turns over one of his cards and one of the opponent's cards. If they match, he keeps both cards, lays them to the side, and picks again. He may keep picking cards as long as he gets a match.
4. When the player picks two cards that do not match, he must put them back, face down, in the exact location in which he found them. Now it is the opponent's turn.
5. Play continues in this way until all the cards are used up. The players count their cards, and the one with the most cards is the winner.
If you are a teacher, this is a fun game to play in the classroom. It keeps the children occupied, because they don't have to wait a long time for their turn, as in some whole-class games.
If you are a home-school mother or are looking for a way to review spelling words with your child, you could play this game with him or her.
Jessica Gerald has been an elementary school teacher for over thirty years, and is the publisher of the website http://www.oldfashionedhomemaking.com.
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Jessica Gerald
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program.
Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Hire a Christian Writer, Christian Writer Wanted, Christian Writer Needed, Christian Content Needed
Find a Christian Editor, Hire a Christian Editor, Christian Editor, Find a Christian Writer