A message for you or is this a sign of my purpose here on earth? Whatever the case, I shall obey my king and this message to you I bring:
All around you are aches and pain. Loved one's, who surround you every day:
• Brothers and sisters you see in church;
• The person occupying the chair next to you at work;
• Your friend who always seems to be in control;
• The ‘happy couple’ you so adore whose marriage is crumbling behind closed door. Should you ask of their well-being you'll find they suffer from 'fine-i-tis’ (the protective coat we wear lest anyone finds out there’s trouble at home);
• The child you see as just a bully (though he just wants to be loved);
• The single mother you despise is without a hand to hold, while she walk through the valley alone.
Let's all join forces walking that path - leaving our burdens at the foot of the cross. Then march like children of the cross - receiving (with gratitude) new strength, for the stretch of each day. Our backs to the cross we shall not turn, for it’s the cross that paved the way, our burdens bear and debt re-paid. Our duty for today is to share the love of the cross with those who pass our way.
Could you be a Naaman's servant girl today?
• Bringing healing to your boss?
It could be a simple suggestion you make, that brings clarity to his or her day;
• Could you refuse to complain today and instead, for your boss, you pray?
• How about your church leaders?
Is there something you could bring to that church meeting that directs the arrow to their hearts in a healing way?
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Les Buscaglia
So how about:
• A friendly hug for that brother or sister who is going through ….;
• A tender touch for that hurting spouse - a reassurance from you;
• An encouraging word to that dejected leader;
• A helping hand for that single mother;
• A little love for that child you call a bully;
• That delayed phone-call, letter, or e-mail that could really cheer up a friend.
You've got the power of healing, now is the time to use it.
Your friends, relatives, church family and neighbours make up the increasing number of patients that decorate the hallway of our hospitals, mental institutions and doctors' surgeries. They are all suffering from broken hearts, broken dreams, loneliness and hopelessness (often disguised as depression). You don't notice this because you are too busy making plans.
It is time to stop and take a good look around you. It is your son (contemplating suicide); your daughter (taking anti-depressants); your husband (wearing that mask); your wife (needing a tender touch); your parents (feeling neglected); your neighbours (feeling alone) and your friend (feeling hopeless).
Can you see the bigger picture?
Copyright 2006 Janice Ramkissoon
Janice, a freelance writer, lives in the UK and enjoys spending time with her husband, Vince and their son, Javin. She uses her gift to encourage others towards a deeper relationship with God, through her inspirational pieces while her travel articles provide general advice for the holiday-maker.
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Janice S Ramkissoon
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program.
Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Hire a Christian Writer, Christian Writer Wanted, Christian Writer Needed, Christian Content Needed
Find a Christian Editor, Hire a Christian Editor, Christian Editor, Find a Christian Writer