Ok, so you're getting married in a few months, how prepared are you for marriage? There are many factors about marriage you should ask yourself before diving in headfirst. Sit by the edge of the pool with me for a moment and get your feet a little wet first, then, if you're ready to take the plunge then go ahead and dive right in.
Why are you getting married? The first answer that comes to most people's minds when I ask this question is the feeling they have of being "in love". Ok, I'll buy that one, but I believe you're going to need a flotation device because "love" in the sense of the word that you're thinking about will not keep your marriage afloat. That "kind of love" dissipates over time, and then what are you going to do?
Here are five questions to ask yourself to find out if you really are ready for marriage. Go through these questions with your friend, each taking turns answering and giving your honest opinion.
1) Are your ready to sacrifice your selfish endeavors for the sake of your new spouse? (There is no room in the pool for selfishness in marriage). What if your spouse, after three years of marriage suddenly stops showing their love or stops doing any giving in the marriage? Will you act like a chameleon and do the same? Where will that get you? A healthy marriage will always have a spiritual foundation to base our actions upon.
2) Have you accepted the person you're about to marry, faults and all? (If any faults bother you now, there's a good chance they will really bother you after marriage).
3) Are you devoted to the person you are going to marry, through all the trials and tribulations of marriage? This is an important factor that you should really know in your heart before you get married.
4) Are you prepared to give of yourself by being a considerate, compassionate and respectful marriage partner through "principled acts of love"? (There is a big difference between "feeling in love" and actually "being loved" by someone.)
5) Have you set it in your heart that divorce is not an option? (Total commitment is needed by both of you). Commitment is the mainstay of your attitude. If you are committed to staying married until death do you part, then your will do whatever it takes to work on any marriage problems that arise and stay married.
Okay, so there you have it. Are you ready to plunge in? All right then, go ahead and dive right in. Just remember to always remain devoted to the person you married and committed to the marriage and it will make you an excellent swimmer. Eventually, you can throw away the flotation devices for good because you will be like a fish out of water.
Forgive Your Spouse of Adultery And Save Your Christian Marriage: http://youtu.be/snUGrD6Qh5k
Visit our marriage Healing Ministry: http://www.heavenministries.com
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Angie Lewis
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program.
Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Hire a Christian Writer, Christian Writer Wanted, Christian Writer Needed, Christian Content Needed
Find a Christian Editor, Hire a Christian Editor, Christian Editor, Find a Christian Writer