FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 205
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
PRAYER TRAINING IS LIKE POTTY TRAINING
by Annie Glasel
1/29/2009 / Humor
My son has reached that age. The daycare worker gives me a checklist for potty training.
1. Introduce him to the concept. Read him books.
2. Demonstrate the technique. Let him observe you/your husband peeing.
3. Let him get used to the idea. Even if he doesn't potty, put him on the potty and let him sit there for a few minutes.
4. Set up a process. Give him juice/water regularly and 15 minutes after he drinks, sit him on the potty.
5. Reward him appropriately. Give him praises, stickers, hugs when he does perform.
Strangely, it reads like the prayer checklist I jot down from a recent teaching on the subject.
1. To learn about prayer and praying, read the Bible.
2. Watch how others do it, and mimic them.
3. Take time to pray. Even if it just to sit quietly for a while or recite the words of the Bible.
4. Set up a regular time and place to pray.
5. God will reward those who diligently seek him.
Well, I guess with time and proper training, as it is with going to the bathroom, prayer can become a natural and integrated part of anyone's daily life.
I've written to ease my pain; I've written to hear my voice; I've written for vanity; I've written for sanity; I've written for fun; I've written for laughs; I've written for me; I've written for money. But until I write for God, this talent is for naught.
Read more articles by Annie Glasel
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.