The Fight
by Joanne Sher

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14


My shoulders are sagging, my arms aching, my knees buckling. So very, very tired.

The task before me is enormous. The result is far from sure. I have made but scant progress. The weight of this battle is heavy on my back; heavy on my mind; heavy on my heart.

But I must plod forward. It is the work I must do.

I lift my arm. It falls back to my side. I place my foot out. It falls to the ground once again. I crumble to the floor and weep.

"I can't do it, Lord."

I know.

I wrinkle my brow. "You KNOW, Father?"

Yes, My child. I know you can't do it.

I lift my eyes and arm to the heavens. "Then why have You put me in the middle of it?"

Because, My child, while you cannot do it, I can. When you work on your own power, you work against Me. You must stop striving and let Me do the work. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Tears well in my eyes. "Yes, Lord. You do it. I will be still. I will rest in You and allow Your power to accomplish what I cannot."

Good, My child. For that is the only way you will win this fight.

"Yes, Lord. How I wish I had known this sooner"

So do I, My child. So do I.

(c) Joanne Sher 2011

Joanne Sher is a Christian writer saved out of Judaism, traveling rough roads with God's strength. She loves to blog, encourage, write, and spend time with her family. Learn more about her at http://www.joannesher.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print