Santa's Lap
by PamFord Davis

My sister Donna shared a humorous Christmas memory. She took her 4 children to see Santa Claus. Daniel, her youngest son, wanted no part of the bearded stranger. He took off running down the sidewalk of the Texas small town. Donna was in hot pursuit.

It’s a common scene…

‘Go ahead now; crawl up in Santa’s lap.’

The waiting is over.

Parents have taken advantage of a Christmas photo op at an area mall. They dressed their youngsters in bright red or green. After fighting morning rush hour traffic, they located Santa and his helpers.

‘Don’t be afraid. Just crawl up in Santa’s lap and tell him what you want for Christmas!’

I wonder what mothers and fathers said to their children before sending them to meet Jesus.

“Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them (Matthew 19:13 NASB).”

I do know what Jesus said and did.

“But Jesus said, ‘Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’  After laying His hands on them, He departed from there (Matthew 19:14-15 NASB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print