Can the Bible Heal?
by Ruthie Alekseeva

Kill me now, Darren thinks. I don’t want to live anymore.

He shivers, then rolls over in bed, emitting a long, drawn-out yawn. Blinking, he opens his eyes. A clock ticks in the corner. He spies the time.

11 am. 

Squeezing his eyes shut again, he stretches his arm out from under the bedsheets, gripping a can on the floor.

Too light.

Tipping it over, he shakes it.

Empty…what to do now?

He tosses in bed until he faces the wall.

Self-medicating with gin isn’t working. Neither is counselling.

He grasps his phone from the bedside table. A Bible verse flashes across its screen.

The daily Bible verse my sister subscribed me to.

He squints at the screen, then reads, You have kept count of my tossings. Put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?

His eyes moisten. That’s exactly how I feel.

Reading the verse again, he ponders its meaning. Can the Bible heal me? he wonders.

Brad Hambrick, Counselling Pastor at Summit Church, thinks so. His website, BradHambrick.com, contains articles, Vimeo videos, and podcasts outlining what the Bible has to say about

  • Abusive relationships
  • Addiction
  • Adultery
  • Anger
  • Anxiety
  • Codependency
  • Communication challenges
  • Depression
  • Disordered eating
  • Emotional issues
  • Financial concerns
  • Grief
  • Mental illness medication
  • Personality weaknesses
  • Pornography
  • PTSD
  • Low self-esteem
  • Sexual abuse
  • Sexuality issues

BradHambrick.com also guides churches in developing a church counselling service and provides links to other helpful websites such as ChurchCares.com, BridgehavenCounselling.org, and BiblicalCounselling.org. If your heart is hurting, visit BradHambrick.com today. It could be exactly what you need.

*Psalm 56:8 ESV



All rights to this article belong to the author, but, this article may be freely redistributed as long as the content of the article is not changed.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print