Backtrack
by PamFord Davis

 The decision is genuine but gradually faith wanes. Scripture describes the change as backsliding.

 “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways (Proverbs 14:14a KJV).”

King David confessed his waywardness.

“Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest (Psalm 51:1-4 KJV).”

The psalmist knew the solution to his backsliding problem.

“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:10 KJV).”

All backsliders need to backtrack. God waits for them to return.

“Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the Lord our God (Jeremiah 3:22 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print