Where's Your Heart?
by PamFord Davis

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:19-21 NASB).”

Pastor Danny Taylor once paraphrased the end of the passage above. ‘For where your heart is, there your treasure will be also.’

Where’s your heart?

Is it fixed on God?

“And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength (Deuteronomy 6:5 NASB).”

The LORD wants all of me.

“And one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him: ‘Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?’ And He said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’  This is the great and foremost commandment (Matthew 22:35-38 NASB).”

LORD, we confess that we’re prone to be idol worshipers.

Our treasure is much more than money; we treasure our time too.

Are we supporting our home church with tithes, offerings and time?

If not, where is it going?

We may unknowingly worship the idols of materialism.

Men can put business expenses ahead of the LORD’s work. What about big boy toys? Red flags should be heeded if checking accounts or credit cards reveal large purchases. Is God the #1 priority?

Ladies, we’re held accountable too. Temptations of extravagance can catch us off guard.

Father, forgive us. We want to worship You alone. In Jesus name. Amen.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print