I Don't Hurt Anymore
by PamFord Davis

This devotion is written in the memory Judi Cannon of Goodwater, Alabama. She was a cherished friend and sister in Christ.

I don’t believe in coincidences; I’m a firm believer in God’s sovereignty.

Judi fought a long and grueling battle with cancer and was recently placed on home hospice. I didn’t learn of her death until yesterday. I unexpectedly discovered the news while scrolling through social media posts. There, I read the news in a message from one of her daughters. She was sad but found comfort in the reality that her mother was no longer in pain.

I don’t believe in coincidences.

Minutes later, words from a song played on the radio.

“I don’t hurt anymore.”

Country artist Hank Snow recorded ‘I Don’t Hurt Anymore’ way back in 1954. The lost love song was written by Don Robertson and Jack Rollins. The lyrics don’t apply to the death and loss of a loved one.

Yet, the song title fits perfectly.

Judi doesn’t hurt anymore.

 …  “and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be death; there will no longer be sorrow and anguish, or crying, or pain; for the former order of things has passed away (Revelation 21:4 AMP).”

Judi’s family has planned her celebration of life. It will be a ‘Goin Home Party’ [Jeff and Sherri Easter]. Judi lost her battle with cancer; yet, won her crown!

 In the future there is reserved for me the [victor’s] crown of righteousness [for being right with God and doing right], which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that [great] day—and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved and longed for and welcomed His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8 AMP).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print