A Long Story
by PamFord Davis

I’ve heard that age is only a frame of mind. I’ve had days when mine is framed with tarnished gold. At other times, I feel like a teenager trapped in a 74 year old body. I’m not ashamed of my age. If not in the senior citizen grouping I’d be without the blessing of 2 great granddaughters.

It’s now common for many to live past the century mark. Centenarians have the benefit of seeing history unfold before their eye. Many are eager to share their stories and wisdom. Their memories are priceless. 

Bodies of the elderly reveal signs of aging. We can still remain young at heart. Trusting God, we have inspiration and hope for a bright future. Wouldn’t it be interesting to talk with Methuselah? His family tree is recorded in Old Testament genealogy. His father was Enoch. Methuselah had a son named Lamech and several other children.

What made Methuselah so special? That’s a long story…

“And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died (Genesis 5:27 KJV).”

That was nearly 1,000 years!

Did Methuselah dwell on the good old days? Did his heart finally catch up with his weary body? Many people credit their youthful attitudes to being around children and teens. The young at heart may have discovered the fountain of youth; they bridged the generation gap.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print