For Goodness Sake!
by PamFord Davis

‘Well, for goodness sake!’

You may have heard excited women voice this remark in years gone by. Something was done or said that caught the ladies by surprise. They not only spoke aloud but also used body language for special emphasis. Some quickly placed hands on hips or flat palms on their face. Wide-eyed, others stood tight-lipped with arms folded over their chest.

‘For goodness sake!’

I find it interesting that women used the expression for both good and bad news.

‘She had triplets? Well, for goodness sake!’

Smiling, she visualized the bundles of joy.

‘You say he lost all his money through investments on the Edsel? Well, for goodness sake!’

Shaking her head in disbelief; the surprised woman continued. ‘Well, my, my.’

The Psalmist recalled God’s goodness.

“Remember, Lord, Your compassion and Your faithfulness,
For they have been from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my wrongdoings;
Remember me according to Your faithfulness,
For Your goodness’ sake, Lord (Psalm 25:6-7 NASB).”

Follow the example of children. They acknowledge God's goodness; heads bowed-hands folded, they pray.

‘God is good; God is great. Let us thank him for our food. Amen.’



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print