Not Jesus!
by PamFord Davis

It happens to me often in conversations with my husband.  I’m clueless about the news he’s talking about.

‘I told you.’

Maybe he told his mother and just thought he told me.

Did I forget or just fail to comprehend?

Jesus confided in His disciples.

“From that time Jesus began to point out to His disciples that it was necessary for Him to go to Jerusalem and to suffer many things from the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and to be killed, and to be raised up on the third day. And yet Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, ‘God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You (Matthew 16:21-22 NASB)!”

Why didn’t they believe Him?

“Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death and will hand Him over to the Gentiles.  And they will mock Him and spit on Him, and flog Him and kill Him; and three days later He will rise from the dead (Mark 10:32b-34 NASB).”

The truth was told.

Surely Jesus wouldn’t die; not Jesus!

“And while they were gathering together in Galilee, Jesus said to them, ‘The Son of Man is going to be handed over to men; and they will kill Him, and He will be raised on the third day.’ And they were deeply grieved (Matthew 17:22-23 NASB).”

The disciples were in denial; yet, it was true. He was crucified; yet, He lives!

“Why are you seeking the living One among the dead? He is not here, but He has risen (Luke 24:5b-6a NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print