SOUL DANCE (excerpt) - He Took My Life!
by Tonja Taylor

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. - John 10:10, KJV

As I sang "(LORD) Take my life, and take control..." from a song by Mary Alessi, I realized more deeply that the LORD has taken my life--my former wretched life!--and given me the ZOE Life, as He has for every person who is truly born again by faith in Christ Jesus! Hallelujah!

But I had to give Him permission.

God is always a Gentleman, and never forces anyone to do anything (Religion and religious people do, but not God. He is Love, gentleness, compassion, and mercy, and so much more. He is holy, and He is the ultimate Standard of perfection and righteousness. He loves us as we are, but will never leave us that way, because becoming more like His Son, Jesus Christ, is where we are the happiest, most effective and influential, most productive, and most prosperous in every way!)--not even get born again by repenting of sin and believing in Jesus Christ, His Son (the only Savior of the world; the only Way to Heaven!)!

So we must choose to allow the LORD Who created us and loves us beyond compare, to have control of our lives. 

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: - Deut. 30:19, KJV

It can be unsettling in the natural to allow someone else to have control--especially someone we cannot see.  

A very small and basic example is when a computer tech takes control remotely of a computer. The person needing help is no longer in control of the machine, but watches as an unseen person in another location takes over, finds and fixes the problem--then returns control to the one who called for help.

The person helping remotely could never have helped, though, if the one who called had not given that tech permission; given the tech control. 

Every day, we can choose to allow the LORD to take control of our lives--or not, He loves us so much He gave His life for us on the cross over 2,000 years ago to pay for our sins--when He had never sinned!

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. - Heb. 4:15, KJV

We can even ask the sweet Spirit of God, Who is the Spirit of Truth and will never, ever deceive us (for no darkness, no deception, is in Him! Hallelujah!) to help us choose to ask the good LORD to help us allow Him to take the lead. 

He is the best Leader; the Captain of our Salvation! He is the Good Shepherd, Who always leads us in right Paths for His Names sake (Psalm 23). He loves us! 

For it was an act worthy [of God] and fitting [to the divine nature] that He, for Whose sake and by Whom all things have their existence, in bringing many sons into glory, should make the Pioneer of their salvation perfect [should bring to maturity the human experience necessary to be perfectly equipped for His office as High Priest] through suffering. - Hebrews 2:10, AMPC

GLORY TO GOD!!

Just call to Him. He is faithful, merciful, just, and kind (among many other wonderful things!). His Plans for you are so good! He will help you!

11 For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. - Jeremiah 29:11, AMPC

10 For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. - Ephesians 2:10, AMPC

 

 



Through books, courses, presentations, service, prayer, worship, and more, Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. Her series for girls, P.O.W.E.R. GIRL ADVENTURES, is now out (books I-V), along with LEGACY; YOUR HOLY HEALTH: VISIONS OF THE KING, and more. See the "River Rain Creative" YT channel.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print