JESUS' RETURN Duly Noted In Parables
by linzy bruno

 

Many of us who are following prophecy have wondered why God doesn’t want us to know the exact day and time that Jesus will be coming to take us away. However, the answer to this mysterious precept shines through three of Jesus’ Parables. Upon studying these revealing stories that Jesus shared with His Disciples, we gain insight as to at least one clear cut reason for this lacking information in the Scriptures; if we know the exact time we may be tempted to live recklessly until that day, then repent and believe that would not be a problem. But Jesus has shown through His remarkable teachings that this reveals a heart that is not convicted of Christ, but one that is manipulative and insincere. Inasmuch as we are only human, we are all vulnerable to succumbing to this highly unfavorable and even dangerous condition; possibly even tempting for those who are living right before Him. Hence, this is something God has put into place for our own good, like a built-in system of protection against our human frailties.

Moreover, it would also be pretty anxiety-provoking when we consider our unsaved loved ones. We know we’re close and that’s enough for the sense of urgency we do need, but to know the exact time could be a burden, and possibly even a stress for ourselves; it could be overwhelming knowing the exact day and time of the Rapture.

One of the most directly relatable parables in the Book of Luke, as we see Jesus’ ominous warning to live ready for His Return:

The Faithful Servant and the Evil Servant

35”Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. 38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”  (Luke 12:35-40)

This parable is also recorded in Mark 13:32-37.

‘Lamps burning’ symbolizes the indwelling Holy Spirit, and ‘opening immediately’ shows that those with the Spirit’s indwelling have no reason to hesitate, for they have no reason for shame, for they are living righteously before the Lord.

NOTE: During the time Jesus walked the earth, He did not know the time, but now in Heaven He undoubtedly knows ALL.

There is also a parable that takes a different approach, but is a picture of those who will be left behind; tragically referring to those who only think they are saved, and therefore safe from the destruction to come:

The Parable of the Wedding Feast

“And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: 2 The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, 3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come. 4 Again, he sent out the other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding.” 5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business. 6 And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully and killed them. 7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. 8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. 9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding. 10 So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 But when the king came in to see the guests. He saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. 12 So he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’”

14 “For many are called, but few are chosen.”” (Matthew 22:1-14)

It is also interesting to note that Jesus used the picture of a wedding in several of these prophetically-based parables, as the Jewish wedding is an illustration of Jesus' relationship with His church.

The Rapture and the Jewish Wedding Model... (jesusplusnothing.com)

Yet another of these prophetic parables in which some call the ‘Servant in Charge of the Household’ is recorded in the Book of Luke, which reads like a part three of the parables above, even as they are recorded in varying accounts in the Gospels:

42 “And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart,’ My master is delaying in his coming.’ And begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.” (Luke 12:42-46)

Also recorded in Matthew 24:45-51.

And, perhaps the most striking of them all is the parable at the top of Matthew 25, for Jesus rejects those ‘virgins’ who are carnal; sorely lacking in sincerity and unfeigned devotion to GOD:

 

The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five of them were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

6“And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; ;but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

11”Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.” (Matthew 25:1-13)

Jesus used the image of virgins in order to illustrate that these were not those who have worshipped idols of any kind. The oil in their lamps represents the presence of the Holy Spirit dwelling within the ‘wise virgins’ and the lack thereof, for the foolish virgins were abiding in carnality. And, Jesus is the Bridegroom they were supposed to be ready to meet; being ready referring to the spiritual readiness of their hearts, but the five foolish virgins only arrogantly thought they were saved.

 

The Parable of the Talents

“14 For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants  and delivered his goods to them.15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey. 16 Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents. 17 And likewise he who had received two gained two more also. 18 But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid the lord’s money. 19 After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.

20 So he who had received five talents came and bought five other talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.’ His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ He also who had received two talents came and said, ‘Lord, you delivered me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.’ 21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over  few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ 22 He also who had received two talents came and said, ‘Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them. 23 His lord said to him, ‘Well done good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’

24 Then he who had received the only talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’

26 “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gathered where I have not scattered seed. 27 So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.

29 For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ “ (Matthew 25:14-29)

For these parables, it is highly poignant that they both end with the casting into ‘outer darkness;’ a warning to those who are trying to manipulate GOD, while we who are watching await the glorious Return of our LORD JESUS!

NOTE: Also, Jesus described the Day of His Coming in plain and straightforward language, rather than in a parable. First in Matthew 24, He related the times we are living in currently to the days of Noah in verses 37-39. Then in verses 40-44, He describes exactly what it will be like for everyone over the age of accountability, but not children, as they are automatically accepted; being too young to be held accountable. (and the days of Lot in Luke 17:28-37):

40“Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”  (Matthew 24:40-44)

Furthermore, other than these, the Apostle Paul taught his church in Thessalonica that for them who are ready for the Lord’s Return, Jesus will not come as a thief. It is only for those who are not ready and watching that will be caught off guard. This passage therefore, can be considered a parallel to the parables about the thief in the night:

“But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this day should overtake you as a thief.” (1Thessalonians 5:1-4)

AND, considering the war in Israel and the sense of peace on the horizon for the Jews; being they are very near victory, regardless of the lack of support from other nations including the USA, this declaration of ‘peace and safety’ is also drawing near. And the destruction which is spoken of in the above passage is very likely the RAPTURE of the church!

 

We are going home SOON! PRAISE THE LORD!

 

 

NKJV



Linzy has been writing for many years; seriously since her 3 kids were still young and inspirational. She has taken 2 courses in Bible studies and completed "Four Soils" Bible study course in a 26-month period; earning her certification in Bible Counselling.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print