Flag Draped Caskets
by PamFord Davis

Brave service men and women died on far distant shores. Leaving their homeland and loved ones behind; they defended the freedom of our republic. Oblivious to what lay ahead, they awoke one morning. Never again would they stand on American soil.

Tears fell on flag draped caskets.

We pause this Memorial Day to reflect and celebrate freedom. America has been blessed by God and sacrifices of the dead veterans of foreign war.

David grieved the deaths of King Saul and his son, Jonathan.

“Then David took hold of his clothes and tore them, and so also did all the men who were with him. And they mourned and wept and fasted until evening for Saul and his son Jonathan, and for the people of the Lord and the house of Israel, because they had fallen by the sword (2 Samuel 1:11-12 NASB).”

Mighty men had had fallen.

“Then David sang this song of mourning over Saul and his son Jonathan, and he told them to teach the sons of Judah the mourning song of the bow; behold, it is written in the Book of Jashar.

‘Your beauty, Israel, is slaughtered on your high places!
How the mighty have fallen (2 Samuel 1:17-19 NASB).”

We must never forget.

“How the mighty have fallen in the midst of the battle (2 Samuel 1:25a NASB)!”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print